cheat day

Options
raven1114
raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
does anyone else have a cheat day? if so how often, weekly, monthly, just on special occasions?

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    once a month i have a MEAL not a DAY
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Once a week...tomorrow. 2-3 meals? I don't log it.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile. I don't really have a schedule. I try to not go to overboard and usually try to just have one cheat meal instead of the whole day.
  • raven1114
    Options
    i decided fridays will be my cheat days. not that i'm gonna go crazy all day and just stuff my self with fatty foods but i think a day or at least a meal where i don't have to be concerned with calories and fat will be good for me. that way i wont feel so 'confined' to a 'diet'
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I don't really schedule a cheat day but if there is something that I really want I try and balance it into my calorie range. Of I go over from time to time I don't freak out about it. And I'll be honest, I have 'exercised for food' if I know I am going to be going out or having something higher in calories than I normally would I try and get in an extra work out or a longer work out so I have some extra calories to work with.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    They're good to have. When and how much is up to you. It gives you something to look forward to and helps to keep your body guessing/changing.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I do a cheat meal once a week if we have something in mind. If not, we do a cheat treat. Like a couple cookies or we share a small bag of chips or have an ice cream bar. If we aren't in the mood for something in particular, we don't cheat that week. A whole cheat day could be the start of a huge slide for us so we just do one meal if we want something.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    i decided fridays will be my cheat days. not that i'm gonna go crazy all day and just stuff my self with fatty foods but i think a day or at least a meal where i don't have to be concerned with calories and fat will be good for me. that way i wont feel so 'confined' to a 'diet'

I agree being confined to a diet is no good. I am changing my lifestyle and I won't do anything that isn't a sustainable lifestyle change. And it isn't realistic to say that I will never go out and eat or never eat anything unhealthy again, I just try to limit how often I do it now.
  • swimmindolphin
    Options
    my cheat day is on Saturdays; eat a good high protein breakfast & the rest of the day ALL THE CRAP I WANT! LOL.

i works well to shock my metabolism!
  • raven1114
    Options

I agree being confined to a diet is no good. I am changing my lifestyle and I won't do anything that isn't a sustainable lifestyle change. And it isn't realistic to say that I will never go out and eat or never eat anything unhealthy again, I just try to limit how often I do it now.

that's how i feel, today we had stuffed baked potatoes for dinner, and it was yummy. i know i can't eat like that all the time but it was good to have a 'cheat meal'.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't really schedule a cheat day but if there is something that I really want I try and balance it into my calorie range. Of I go over from time to time I don't freak out about it. And I'll be honest, I have 'exercised for food' if I know I am going to be going out or having something higher in calories than I normally would I try and get in an extra work out or a longer work out so I have some extra calories to work with.

Ditto....I wouldnt call it a cheat day...I just find a way to work it in, either have a smaller portion of cake, etc, or rev up the excercise routine to offset and accomodate for it.....then it's not a cheat!:happy:
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If I have a craving, I work it in. If I have too work out a little more to stay on target, I do it. If I have a bad day, I still try to log it. Just because you are doing something that isn't on plan doesn't mean you shouldn't log it.

Like someone else mentioned, my main focuses are protein and water. I make sure I am going to be able to hit the protein, and if I will, then I am good.
  • RosebudLKF
    Options
    I've read good things about cheat days and how a caloric spike will help keep your metabolism burning at a higher rate. While that may be true, I find that for me, it's way too easy to fall off track and allow a cheat day to turn into a cheat weekend and then far too many days can end up passing before getting back on track.

It's all about willpower and I know that during the week, it does help to know that I'll be able to have some treats on Saturday, which is never far away.

Good luck!