update on they're starving my baby

Options
this is an update on They're starving my baby. Yesterday we sent lunch to school with Cecil
I called the head of the school lunch program. She said it was processed. I asked is he approved now. "yes he is".
So the school called yesterday evening. "Cecil did not eat his lunch you sent him today, don't be concerned cause he is receiving his meals again." All this After we called, the superintendents office and they called the principal.

Check this out.The eligibility guidelines for receiving meals goes like this. For 3 people in the home monthly income limit is $2,714. Since we're having computer troubles I figured our income and bills by hand yesterday. Our monthly income is less than half that. So He is eligible. Thank you very much.

Replies

• cecilsmom
    Options
    this is an update on They're starving my baby. Yesterday we sent lunch to school with Cecil
    I called the head of the school lunch program. She said it was processed. I asked is he approved now. "yes he is".
    So the school called yesterday evening. "Cecil did not eat his lunch you sent him today, don't be concerned cause he is receiving his meals again." All this After we called, the superintendents office and they called the principal.

Check this out.The eligibility guidelines for receiving meals goes like this. For 3 people in the home monthly income limit is $2,714. Since we're having computer troubles I figured our income and bills by hand yesterday. Our monthly income is less than half that. So He is eligible. Thank you very much.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    O my lord, those school systems always seem to drop the ball.

:flowerforyou: Thank God that he's getting food now.

Are you going to go any further with this? I know here in Nm, we have a "Channel 4 Investigates" thing....kinda sheds light on issues most people don't know about. It may be a good thing, because your baby may not be the only one going hungry......

:heart:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that everything worked out.:flowerforyou: I didn't post on the original one because I was so incensed about it. I have 4 kids and I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. You handled it very maturely, good job!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Are you going to go any further with this? I know here in Nm, we have a "Channel 4 Investigates" thing....kinda sheds light on issues most people don't know about. It may be a good thing, because your baby may not be the only one going hungry......
    :heart:

Agreed-- that is my concern too! Not just for your darling dear, but for all those other kids. It's enough to make me want to cry... people not feeding innocent little kids AND not alerting the parents. It's sickening.