Thoughts of tattoos for me..

txmomma0889
txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
edited September 25 in Chit-Chat
I was wondering what all you thought about when you got tattoo i know several have. I want on so bad. and have for a long time. I look at my self in the mirror and i really want it is the center lower back or some people call it a tramp stamp i hear but i love the look there. If you got it there let me know how bad it hurt and if you used the numbing cream or not. Also, If you got it somewhere else and it was your first time what did it feel like?anything to compare to. same numbing cream or not ... And all please rate on a scale of 1 to 10

The tattoo I would most likely start off with:
http://www.hello-kitty.co.uk/gfx/weird/tattoos/12_hello_kitty_tattoo_stomach.jpg

of course i would personalize it a bit

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    I have 4 tattoos, one on my wrist, one on my foot, one on my lower back and one on my stomach. None of them were really painful, uncomfortable at times but not painful and my lower back one was probably the least 'painful' i'd say 2 out of 10 where 10 out of would be giving birth lol

good luck xxx
  • Craigcf
    Craigcf Posts: 20 Member
    I think people's pain threshold varies wildly- I'd heard all these horror stories about how much they hurt, and it had put me off for years. I finally bit the bullet, and had a small tribal pattern on the top of my arm. I found it to be uncomfortable at worst, and not a patch on what i was expecting! I've since had four more (expanded the original, a similar design on other arm, a large tribal on forarm and also across the top of my back).

So, for me, I wouldn't describe it as painful. But as I said, this varies between people!

Craig
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    I have like 10 tattoos - and all of them weren't bad... until I got my upper backpiece done - after sitting for 6 hours I was ready to cry for a week. All my small tattoos were pretty pleasant. I mean, if you think about staying still, and really concentrate on that you'll be just fine...

Wait, i lied, the top of my feet hurt like a mofo. They need to be touched up badly, but I doubt I'll ever get it done because it was ridiculous ;P
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    The one on my lower back wasn't painful but I couldn't stop my back twitching. It must have been above nerves or something. No numbing cream, pain about a 3 or 4
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    i have 2, 1 on my lower back and 1 on the ankle, didnt have numbing cream and not painful, feels like u r being scratched, pics on my profile feel free 2 take a look:smile:
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    I have like 10 tattoos - and all of them weren't bad... until I got my upper backpiece done - after sitting for 6 hours I was ready to cry for a week. All my small tattoos were pretty pleasant. I mean, if you think about staying still, and really concentrate on that you'll be just fine...

Wait, i lied, the top of my feet hurt like a mofo. They need to be touched up badly, but I doubt I'll ever get it done because it was ridiculous ;P

OMG - I'm having a mermaid done on one of my shoulders next Wednesday (my 50th birthday present from my daughter) and I've also got another appointment booked for the end of the month when I think I'm going to have a merman and child on the other shoulder - witih "something" reaching across the back of my neck to sort of join the two.... I hope the one on Wednesday isn't too painful otherwise I might not get the other one done! eeep!

Netty
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    I have 8 tattoos. 1 on my left foot, 2 on my right foot, 1 on my chest, and 4 on my back. I have a peacock that took 11 hours all together. It was broken into 3 different sessions, the longest one being 5 hours. To me, it hurts more depending on how long you've been sitting there. When I got my "tramp stamp" it wasn't bad at all, but it only took 3 hours. When I recently added more to it, which took 5 hours, it hurt like crazy, but only towards the end!!

Most painful spot so far has been my feet. My sister and sister in law got rib tattoos and they said it was terrible. I've heard from a lot of people that ribs are the worst!! And apparently the bicep is the easiest.

I never used a numbing cream, doubt it would work very well and would probably rub off after an hour or so.

I'd suggest starting with something on the small side to see what your tolerance is like, then go from there! Good luck!:)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    I only have one and it is on my lower back. It hurt, but it was something that I wanted bad enough to deal with the pain. Also mine is just and outline, so I don't know what the pain difference is.
    10 years later I still love my tattoo, and I am glad that I did it. Just make sure it is something that has meaning to you.
  • markomark
    markomark Posts: 22
    I have tats on both shoulders and my upper back and the shoulders don't hurt Netty. In fact the only one I had that hurt was also my upper middle back but it is the size of a soccer ball and took hours, I think it was just the prolonged needle that made that hurt but by jeebus it did!

Also have wrist, back of neck, both arms at the top, none hurt as such apart from the biggie. I would describe it as feeling like dragging a hot needle across your skin. Not like piercing the skin at all IMHO. And like a hot needle, it only hurts or get uncomfortable if it stays in the same spot too long
  • txmomma0889
    I have 4 tattoos, one on my wrist, one on my foot, one on my lower back and one on my stomach. None of them were really painful, uncomfortable at times but not painful and my lower back one was probably the least 'painful' i'd say 2 out of 10 where 10 out of would be giving birth lol

good luck xxx

haha i had a csection for my son so i would know that horrible pain expect the pain i had recovering from and the scar burning and stinging like hell. Would that count.. haha it was after a couple hours labor but a stall haha which labor didn't hurt at all to me anyways
  • markomark
    markomark Posts: 22
    Agreed on the meaning thing. I have several as I said, but each was carefully thought through and has a profound meaning to me. Even a symbol on my wrist that most think is just a tribal motif has a hidden meaning
  • txmomma0889
    Well I am going to get a smaller one 1 or 2 inches then if i could handle that. I was going to go back for the most meaningful piece i want which is a lion cub laying on grass because my son is leo.. i been thinking about these awhile.. haha trust i am a planner unlike my hubby who will just do stuff on the whim
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    One on my shoulder blade, one on my tummy. The one on my tummy didn't realy hurt, the one on my back was worse. It wasn't so painful having it done as afterwards - really makes you realise what position you sleep in! LOL. No numbing cream either time. Everyone has different pain thresholds anyway so everyone will have a different opinion - my friend has tattoos all over the place and he doesn't really notice the pain at all (probably why he keeps adding to them and why he won't stop til he's had just about every inch covered!)
  • I have a small one on the top of my foot, it really didn't hurt that bad, just was a stinging sort of sensation. But then again, it is SMALL, and it took less than half an hour to do.
  • speednut
    speednut Posts: 82
    It hurts for about the first 5 minutes then you get used to it. My son got one on his ribs and he said it hurt like crazy. The artist had to keep giving him a break every 25 minutes or so. I'm going to get another one soon.
  • I have ALOT! Over twenty...the ones that hurt the most were the tops of my feet and the one on my back-kinda towards my side. The other spots I have are: behind both ears, both shoulders, wrists, forearms, hands, ankles, calves, and feet...pretty much everywhere! But pain tolerance is a personal experience...some people deal with it better than others. Its like a burning, stinging sensation...if you aren't sure whether you can deal with it, its better to start small. That way you don't end up with an unfinished work of art!
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    my lower back is sensitive and it hurt quite a bit more so then the one on my leg. especially when the needle was on my back bone. It does really depend on the person.
  • txmomma0889
    i post the link above in OP of what i wanna start off with.... I love hello kitty for the longest time and she represents my neverending girlyness.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Ive had 9 tats and no I didnt use the numbing cream. Im not 2 years old going in for a shot.....
  • txmomma0889
    thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.