Gym every other day !

Options
Anyone care to join? I need to get back into the habit of going the gym , I haven't been in about a month and a half. I've worked out at home but I always put in a much harder workout at the gym and thus burn a lot more than I would of in the same time doing a workout at home.

So I'm going to go 3/4 days a week and then on 1 of my days off do toning/calensthetics (Ignore the more than likely misspelled spelling of that) and on my other day offfrom the gym go on my rowing machine for an hour .

At the gym I plan to go for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours and I'll be doing a circuit training type workout ,my plan is to do 2 cardio based machines and then a weight machine like the captains chair and then 1 cardio,2 weight machines. I've never really used the weight machines at the gym because I always get embarrassed that I'll do it wrong and look like a prat but I'm going to man up and get on with it because I'll never see the results I want if I'm too embarrassed to use machines.

Hopefully I'll be under 9 stone by the end of April 8 stone 8lbs (120lbs) would be lovely *fingers crossed* I will with this workout routine.

Replies

• arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Count me in ! . I usually work out at home too and go for long walks/jogs in the evening but i always feel better after working out at the gym and yes i burn more. More than often i feel like talking myself out of going to the gym . I'm so up for this 5 days a gym schedule
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And don't worry about looking silly using the machines... just focus on your workout and block everyone else out. That's what I do! lol
  • KristenAnnJones
    KristenAnnJones Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ALOT of weight machines actually have instructions on them. And if there aren't instructions... JUST ASK! You can get hurt really easily if you use the machines wrong, but they will do all sorts of good if you use them correctly! Good luck, girly!!!
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree, you don't want to hurt yourself. I'm sure there will be at least one person there that won't mind showing you how to use the equipment. It seems like they have almost everything on the internet now, so maybe you could find some videos on how to use the equipment also.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    At the gym I plan to go for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours and I'll be doing a circuit training type workout ,my plan is to do 2 cardio based machines and then a weight machine like the captains chair and then 1 cardio,2 weight machines. I've never really used the weight machines at the gym because I always get embarrassed that I'll do it wrong and look like a prat but I'm going to man up and get on with it because I'll never see the results I want if I'm too embarrassed to use machines.

Hopefully I'll be under 9 stone by the end of April 8 stone 8lbs (120lbs) would be lovely *fingers crossed* I will with this workout routine.

2 1/2 Hours? That's a sure-fire way to overtrain and increase your likelihood for injury. Train HARDER, not LONGER.
  • JoEllen92
    JoEllen92 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 hours is a rarity , most of my workout is cardio based with some strength thrown in . Usually I tend to go for 2 hours and do an hour and a half of cardio and now about half an hour strength training. My machines all had instructions on them and that was really useful as I made sure I was doing the exercises properly.