A Question...

Options
We are considering going out to dinner this evening to Outback Steakhouse. I have only ever been there once and didn't care for it. My hubby got a gift card from work and doesn't want it to go to waste. I've been looking at their menu online and was surprised to see they have an interactive nutritional info page. I know what I am going to order to stay in my calorie range, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can special order stuff there? For instance, the last time I was there the steak I got was covered with some crusty spice mix that I didn't care for...can I ask them to not put that on the steak? And the seasonal veggies, are they in butter and can I ask to have them steamed? Right now I am showing a loss on the scale but my weigh in day is on Monday and I DO NOT want to do anything to screw it up!!! LOL!!! Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would call them and ask. Most of "those types" of restaurants will do what you are asking. Most people are more health conscious now adays than they used to be.
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can order your food to be prepared differently.
  • twitbffl
    twitbffl Posts: 24
    Options
    I have eaten many times and they will make your food the way you want to. I have several food allergies and they haven't given me any problems with special ordering at all. Enjoy your meal and time with your family out! :)
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Outback is really good about special orders. They even go to the extent of cooking my daughter's food in a seperate peice of foil since they do cook in butter. (she is on a special diet, no milk no gluten.) That way she gets no cross contamination. You should ask for no butter though becuase they do cook in butter.
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone. It eases my mind!