Ouch!

Options
I had a fab day out with my son, we went into town, had breakfast in a cafe (I was good and had tea & toast :happy: ) looked around the shops, did some grocery shopping and then went to the cinema and watched High School Musical 3. Came home, did a little housework, had lunch, then I decided that it was time I did some exercise, walked upstairs - where my exercise equipment is, got to the last step, and THUMP! I lost my footing and slid all the way back down the stairs! :cry:
I now have carpet burns all the way down my right side, my right arm and right leg, and a massive bump on my left leg, along with a lovely bruise on my left knee :sad:
I didn't let this stop me though, I picked myself up, brushed myself off, and walked - gingerly, back upstairs, and did 30 mins exercise, but oh boy, I sting like mad now :sad:
I wonder how many calories I burnt off during my stair slide ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I had a fab day out with my son, we went into town, had breakfast in a cafe (I was good and had tea & toast :happy: ) looked around the shops, did some grocery shopping and then went to the cinema and watched High School Musical 3. Came home, did a little housework, had lunch, then I decided that it was time I did some exercise, walked upstairs - where my exercise equipment is, got to the last step, and THUMP! I lost my footing and slid all the way back down the stairs! :cry:
    I now have carpet burns all the way down my right side, my right arm and right leg, and a massive bump on my left leg, along with a lovely bruise on my left knee :sad:
    I didn't let this stop me though, I picked myself up, brushed myself off, and walked - gingerly, back upstairs, and did 30 mins exercise, but oh boy, I sting like mad now :sad:
    I wonder how many calories I burnt off during my stair slide ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Youch!!!! So sorry.....that must have really hurt. Take care of yourself, I think you may feel a bit achy later.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Awww, you poor dear!!!
    I hope your carpet burns and bumps and bruises heal quickly.
    Good for you for not letting that stop your work out.
    You are a determined woman, that is for sure! :smokin:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Now that, my dear, is dedication!!!!! You inspire me!:flowerforyou: I'm glad you're ok.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    My legs and arm are all coming round - I ache all over, and tryign to walk is hilarious - and to top it all, I've just been given my work rota for the weekend - I'm on my feet for 8 hours both Sat & sun - should be interesting !
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OUCH!!! :cry:

First of all, you are a very strong woman to get up there and exercise.... (I would find a way to be a baby about it... But, I am a spoiled brat :embarassed: )

Second, you better have lost some calories for that nice tumble! FO SHO!

:flowerforyou:

Try to have a happy Friday

Hugs

Shari
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Oh well, I felt sorry for myself after my tumble, and sat here and ate a whole pack of chocolate fingers - 600 calories! And the worst of it is, I didn't even enjoy them! :noway:

I'm not going to beat myself up over it - despite it meaning I'm over my calories by 339 calories :blushing:

I'm just gonna drink water for the rest of the evening now, and forget today ever happened!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Just say... My day will be better .... my day will be better :)
    I hope your not too achy
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Well, I had to hold onto both my hubby and eldest son just to walk round Asda'a last night, for the little groceries I'd forgotten during my morning shop, it was so incredibly painful :cry:
    I went ot bed early, I couldn't get comfortable on the sofa, so bed was the only option, I went out like a light.
    This morning I woke up, still a bit achey, but not in severe pain - thank goodness! I think I may have twisted my back in the fall, and my abdomen is a little sore, but I've managed to work all morning regardless. Got a couple of hours off now, until I return to work, so I'm just resting.
    :bigsmile: