does anyone drink diet soda

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
I know its not the best stuff for you- I never really liked it myself but I had to find something other than water to drink I do drink my water though but i need variety- im not trying to drink my calories and I love sweet tea so much but its 120 calories because of all the sugar so I have decided to give it up I rather eat my calories personally rather than drink them- So I tried coke zero I love that stuff - I dont go crazy with it though still mainly drink water-- so besides water what fo you drink--

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    I know its not the best stuff for you- I never really liked it myself but I had to find something other than water to drink I do drink my water though but i need variety- im not trying to drink my calories and I love sweet tea so much but its 120 calories because of all the sugar so I have decided to give it up I rather eat my calories personally rather than drink them- So I tried coke zero I love that stuff - I dont go crazy with it though still mainly drink water-- so besides water what fo you drink--
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'm a lifelong diet coke junkie. i should probably cut back, but i'm totally addicted mand it doesn't have calories, so i figure it's ok as long as i also drink water. i also drink lots of crystal light and sugar free kool aid (approx. 5 cal/ 8 oz).
  • healthychic
    Options
    I really like those Crystal Light Packets that you put in water. They have rasberry lemondade, pink lemonade, berry and others. They are only 10 calories and they really make your water have a kick of flavor. :smile:

-Danielle
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I drink it, yes, but I don't drink it all the time. A couple cans a week at most. I could live without it, but I like it so I have it when I feel like it.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I'll have a diet coke during the day sometimes, but usually as a mixer for a drink at night. I'm drinking cranberry juice, too, to help with water retention (8 pounds in a week? WTH???). But mostly, I'm a water person. And I like my littl enight caps. I'm having a touch of pure cranberry juice, diet tonic water, and citron right now. And lots of water! THat pure cranberry juice can really dehydrate you if aren't careful!! Wicked headaches....
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I love my peach tea (Wal-Mart brand)! But I used to drink caffeine-free diet coke a lot. I think I've had maybe three sodas since July and I don't miss them a bit now. These days I switch back and forth between my peach tea and just plain old water. I take that back, when I go out to eat I'll order water with a lemon and then add one or two packets of splenda for instant lemonade.
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I'll have a diet coke during the day sometimes, but usually as a mixer for a drink at night. I'm drinking cranberry juice, too, to help with water retention (8 pounds in a week? WTH???). But mostly, I'm a water person. And I like my littl enight caps. I'm having a touch of pure cranberry juice, diet tonic water, and citron right now. And lots of water! THat pure cranberry juice can really dehydrate you if aren't careful!! Wicked headaches....

I should try the cranberry juice- for water retention good idea- Im trying to watch my sodium content thats why i dont eat frozen meals they have crazy sodium I like my coke zero though I have only been drinking it about a week now I have about 1/2 to 1 a day just to break up the constant water-
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

Cranberry juice helps with water retention? Never head that before. I love cranberry juice but never think to pick any up. Hmmm...
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    - perrier and lime or lemon
    - herbal iced tea (I make it myself)
    - water, water, water

- Diet Coke or Crystal Light once in a while (although they both have the worst kind of sweetner!)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Fortunately for me, I never really dug soda. Blech....

I might have a few gulps of Dr. P about 3x a year. I"m grateful not to have had that struggle on top of all the other changes I've had to make.
  • Fab140
    Options
    - Diet Coke or Crystal Light once in a while (although they both have the worst kind of sweetner!)

Agreed
  • Fab140
    Options

Cranberry juice helps with water retention? Never head that before. I love cranberry juice but never think to pick any up. Hmmm...

Yup. Just be really careful about drinking lots of water. Ocean Spray has Lite Cranberry Juice, but it has a ton of fillers. 8oz of pure cranberry juice can be bitter, but it has the same number of calories. I like to do like 2oz of pure cranberry juice with 14oz of water. It cuts the tartness and then you can also add a bit of lemon.

:flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    That sounds YUMMY! I will definitely give it a shot this weekend. So now, that will be three different drinks in my beverage choices. Thanks!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I go between Lipton's Diet Green Tea w/ citrus and Diet Dr. Pepper (cherry Vanilla) BESIDES my water of course! :wink:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    99% of the time I just have water....I have crystal light packets maybe once a week when I need something different.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    I have a couple packets of sugar free Ocean Spray On the Go packs in my water each day. My favorites are White Cran Peach, Cran Raspberry, and Cran Apple, but they're all good...except for the Ruby Red. :glasses:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options

I have 1-2 Diet Pepsi or Dr Pepper every so often. I try not to drink too many of them because of the sodium content. I occasionally by a regular but that's my weekend treat to myself. I most drink just water but there are all kinds of drink mixes that you can use to add variety. There's crystal light, propel, gatorade, kool aid and I'm sure there are many more I don't even know about. There out there you just have to find what you like.
  • mrsyac2
    Options

I have 1-2 Diet Pepsi or Dr Pepper every so often. I try not to drink too many of them because of the sodium content. I occasionally by a regular but that's my weekend treat to myself. I most drink just water but there are all kinds of drink mixes that you can use to add variety. There's crystal light, propel, gatorade, kool aid and I'm sure there are many more I don't even know about. There out there you just have to find what you like.
    thats what I like about the coke zero the sodium content is fairly low 30mg
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet pepsi max with my lunch almost daily. It's just one of those things I'm not willing to give up plus I like the caffeine kick to get through the afternoon. I do use the crystal light to go packets. I like the honey lemon ginseng green tea. I put one in every other aquafina I drink. I need flavor.
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I drink WAY too much- I probably have 4 or 5 cans through the day and my hubby and I have a couple of 2 litres at night. I've been trying to cut back and doing much better- still drinking a lot of water, but I still need to improve.

If you can avoid it, I'd stay clear!

Having said that, I think I'll go pop a can:love:

Have a great weekend everyone- TGIF:flowerforyou:
    Anne