I hate "don't over do it!"

Options
We've all heard it, right?

"Don't over do it!" "Take it easy!" "Don't get hurt!" "Work your way up to it!"

I didn't GET this way by working out to hard - or doing it at all! I've heard warnings about exercising my entire life it seems - its like if my face is red or my legs are a little shaky, people in my life assume that I should do LESS.

We're all capable of working out smart - not ignoring pain, drinking plenty of water, stretching, and getting gross and sweaty - but I don't think it does anyone a bit of good to be warned not to work out as hard as they can!

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Just keep doing what you're doing. No one knows your body and what it can do like you!
  • amybear27
    amybear27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree! You want to avoid injury, but you have to push yourself! It is in those moments when you are shaky and feeling like you can't do the excercise for a moment longer that your body is making REAL changes. My trainer told me that unless you get to that point, you won't lose those last few pounds/inches. You have to push yourself. So GO YOU!:bigsmile:
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It's important to strike the right balance. It is possible to overdo it, and I've done that and it's definitely something you don't want to happen to you.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Do everything you can do - but do it right - but not so much that you risk confidence and momentum. Momentum is much more important.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    A lot of people start out going hard and end up fatigued and sore, and just giving up. Consistency and moderation will pay off for most people.
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    A lot of people start out going hard and end up fatigued and sore, and just giving up. Consistency and moderation will pay off for most people.

I agree with you on that - I just see people around me who are afraid to work up a sweat because they've internalized the idea that they can't work out hard.

Whats hard for one person will be easy for another - you really only can use yourself as a benchmark.