It worked!

Options
SuzieQT
SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
Okay first of all THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
Ever since I started MFP I had been having trouble with plateauing every two or three weeks. This time I checked out what you guys had to say (especially the post by Banks) and I tried out a bunch of different things. My last try this past weekend was shocking my system. And I totaly shocked it with yummy stuffed crust pizza and chocolate chip cookies, lol. I was really nervous about going over my calories so much, but it worked! It really worked! Today I was down 1.5 lbs from last week (and the previous three weeks). I'm so excited and so thankful for all of the helpful advice you guys have given me! I :heart: you all very much, and I hope you all are having a fabulous day!
:love:

Replies

• SuzieQT
    Options
    Ever since I started MFP I had been having trouble with plateauing every two or three weeks. This time I checked out what you guys had to say (especially the post by Banks) and I tried out a bunch of different things. My last try this past weekend was shocking my system. And I totaly shocked it with yummy stuffed crust pizza and chocolate chip cookies, lol. I was really nervous about going over my calories so much, but it worked! It really worked! Today I was down 1.5 lbs from last week (and the previous three weeks). I'm so excited and so thankful for all of the helpful advice you guys have given me! I :heart: you all very much, and I hope you all are having a fabulous day!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    YAY! This is great!
    Congrats on the break through!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I partake in pizza and beer every Friday night...most times my Saturday am weight is less than Friday am. Let's the system know I'm not starving it. Good Luck!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

OH! I love your hat!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    SEE??? WE TOLD YOU!!!! Yaaaayyy!@!!!!

Good job and congratulations!!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options

OH! I love your hat!

Thankyou! :heart:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    How often should you shock your body?? Im all about doing this.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,970 Member
    Options

go to Community tab, type "Plateau" in the green "search" box. There are many good threads about plateaus.

And, it does work to change up everything from how much you eat (eat MORE, not less) to the type of exercise you do, and even taking several days off from exercise.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

I try to work in a free day once a week. I haven't hit any major Plateaus. The longest I've stayed at one weight is 3 weeks, but I don't really consider that a Plateau. Cause usually that 3rd week I'll end up dropping 3 to 5 pounds.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Good for you. I'm glad your back on the downward slide.
  • SuzieQT
    Options

Banks recommends once every couple of weeks, but as we all know everyone is different.
    Here's the link to his thread with some really great tips on how to avoid plateauing.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yeay! :flowerforyou: I also like shocking (or simply allowing myself to go over). It's so yummy :laugh: . I think the point is to do it without feeling too bad or too worried about it, cos this would result in days of binging. So since it's all about attitude, I guess the lesson to learn is "be happy with your actions, give yourself the credit for success and be nice to yourself - noone's perfect and making mistakes is normal and even fine, as long as you acknowledge them, learn the lesson and move on".

Well done, dear! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options

Banks recommends once every couple of weeks, but as we all know everyone is different.
    Here's the link to his thread with some really great tips on how to avoid plateauing.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

Thank you for this. I added it to my favorites. I will keep this in mind.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!