Egg white omelet

Options
dengarrett
dengarrett Posts: 367
Anything different required when using egg whites only?

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I do not do anthing different. I love my eggwhites :heart:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I always toss in a yolk or two.
  • midmomike2
    midmomike2 Posts: 213
    Options
    I usually will use more eggwhites than whole eggs....i.e., instead of 3 whole eggs, I'll use 4 or 5 eggwhites...it is still lower in calories and fat and is easier to add stuff to since you have more egg to "work with"
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I hate coming up with something to do with the yolk when I separate my eggs so I just use the whole egg. The cartons of whites are just a nuisance for me since I get eggs on a regular basis from my chickens, but even if I didn't have chickens I'd not buy the cartons but that's just my preference.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks are gross. I let my cats eat them.
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    our cat is a tard....she won't eat anything but cat food......idk what her problem is.....maybe the dog will want them ...I would still have to cook them that's just gross...hahaha
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    Nope, egg white omelets are the bomb!!!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    you can mix the raw egg yolks in with the dog's dry food. good for their skin/coat.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Love the egg white omelets...especially with lots fresh ground black pepper.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Well my wife (JonnaGrace who posted above about our dog :smile:) just fixed my my first egg white omelet of my life. It is yummy!
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    I will have to do that. heaven knows she needs all the help she can get for skin. Thanks for the idea!