what the heck just happened????

Options
Ok i weighed myself when i got up this morning after going potty and i weighed 177.0 - was SUPER excited - so then i brush my teeth and about 10 mins later have another peek and i weighed 179.6 ?????? weighed another 3 times and all 3 said 179.6.
Not very happy no more :-(((((((

Replies

• dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Anything to eat or drink?
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hehe i sometimes have that !!!

mine sometimes shows the last weight (digital) then i get off and on and it shows the correct weight !!!

: (
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it depends on how you stand on the scale and how you shift your weight. Get back on the scale and put your weight on your heels and see what it says.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Scale might need a new battery.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    And this is why you should not play games with the scale. You will not win. :bigsmile:

Step on once, take the number and put the scale away! :tongue:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Did you move your scale? At work, the scale shows .6 lbs. more if it is moved to the other corner of the room.
  • KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ok i weighed myself when i got up this morning after going potty and i weighed 177.0 - was SUPER excited - so then i brush my teeth and about 10 mins later have another peek and i weighed 179.6 ?????? weighed another 3 times and all 3 said 179.6.
    Not very happy no more :-(((((((
    What was in that toothpaste????
    I always balance my scale with a 10 lb weight before I get on it to make sure it is accurate....I have seen it be off by as much as 2.4 lbs before.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    that is why I weigh myself as soon as I wake up before I do anything well except pee. I find that it can change even with the smallest thing. Take the weight that the scale first said. Also I usually weigh myself at least twice in a row to make sure the number is the correct number. Dont freak yourself out like that. After you weigh yourself first thing take the batteries out so you cannot weigh yourself again that day. Put them back in a week later or whenever your next weigh in day is. No worries!!
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    no nothing to eat - nothing different other then brushing my teeth and checking on my 5 yr old.
    Believe me i tried standing every way possible to get that 177.0 back but it wasnt going to budge from 179.6 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the scale just sucks. :-(
  • chipnle
    chipnle Posts: 4
    Options
    I have to get on the scale 3 consecutive times - I take the average or the two that were the same! Scales have minds of their own! I think it's the way we stand and possible shift our weight. I'm standing on a marble floor so i know it's not the floor!
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That happens to me all the time. I take what it first said and then hope to God I weigh less my next weigh in.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it depends on how you stand on the scale and how you shift your weight. Get back on the scale and put your weight on your heels and see what it says.

I agree. If it's a digital scale you need to take it a couple of times to be sure.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Did you curse out the scale for tricking you??? LOL. The scale can be your best friend or your enemy. Don't ever weigh yourself during :mad: TOM.
  • bsw87
    bsw87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you are using a digital scale you have to be sure to place it in the same spot every time you weigh yourself and also stand on it exactly the same. I don't think they are very accurate. I weighed myself and got back on the scale like 5 seconds later and it had said a pound more. I think the old time doctor's scales are the most accurate.
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yes its a digital scale and yes i do move it when i weigh myself - its a ceramic tile floor so maybe the tiles are slightly uneven ... now i am going to try every spot possible to try and find where that 177 went and when i find it i will leave the scale in that spot FOREVER lol
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    And this is why you should not play games with the scale. You will not win. :bigsmile:

Step on once, take the number and put the scale away! :tongue:

Exactly.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned...just take the number when you weigh yourself and don't go back that day. :P Happens to me a lot too. Could be difference in how you got on, or the scale needs batteries or needs to be replaced. I had to get a new scale not too long ago because my scale would say a weight. Go up 3 or 5 the next minute and then the third weigh, it would have another completely different number. It was an old digital.
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    stop obsessing over the scale :) that is a VERY bad way to waste your saturday morning. find something else that shows what youve accomplished and dwell on that today
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    yes its a digital scale and yes i do move it when i weigh myself - its a ceramic tile floor so maybe the tiles are slightly uneven ... now i am going to try every spot possible to try and find where that 177 went and when i find it i will leave the scale in that spot FOREVER lol

Lol good luck finding the 177 :)