Not sweating

Options
Ive heard when you sweat during exercise that is when your really burning calories, is that the case? I can go for long easy walks or take a short bike ride where I dont break a sweat, but I count it as exercise. Guess maybe I should push myself harder.......

Replies

• mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No, it's definitely still excercise if you don't sweat. I'm not a big sweater myself, I have a hard time breaking a sweat even if I'm running or doing P90X or on the stationary bike...it's just your body's temperature regulatory system...and you are losing water, not fat when you sweat. Hope that helps. Keep on doing the moderate working out too..that is what KEEPS you in shape.
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out I never sweat. As time went by & I got stronger I was pushing myself harder & finally I started sweating. Now the slightest activity triggers sweat. I never really thought about it but I guess thats my NSV.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have read in numerous places, the better shape you are in, the better you sweat. I'm not sure how accurate that is. But I do notice that the better shape I get in, the more I sweat during workouts, and less when I'm not working out. I used to be so sweaty while just being normal that I couldn't weat anything snug fitting. And I didn't sweat when I worked out. Now I only get sweat stains when nervous or working for it. If I jump on an elliptical, with in the first minute I'm sweating.

Is it weird that I like to sweat? I think its sexy when I'm working out. lol:blushing: