Attempt 2 with MyFitnessPal

Options
Hello,

My name is Kelly and this is my second attempt using MyFitnessPal.

Attempt one was as a 2011 New Year's Resolution, but we all know how those don't work. I used the app for my Droid Incredible for about a week or two, and then let it fall by the wayside.

Now I'm newly motivated to get back in shape, and for me it is more about being aware of what I'm eating and trying to become tone, and less about loosing weight though I could afford to shed a little. According to the BMI I am on the heavier side of "healthy" so I wouldn't mind loosing ten pounds to be more towards the middle of that category. For years my body has hovered at 155/156 as if it were it's job. No matter how much I eat, or how little I may eat in a week, always 155/156. Perhaps the scale at home is rigged.

I was once 145 and I will admit that I felt great! I had more energy and I didn't feel as lazy. But 145 did not stick around for long.

Hopefully I can improve, and by being aware of what I'm eating and how much I'm eating I can be healthier this summer :)

Hey, if nothing else, having to keep track of all my foods might keep me away from all the delicious Easter candy that is on the shelves right now.

Replies

• mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can do it this time! I have found that I dont reach for the yummy extra that I dont need because I dont want people to see that on the diary. LOL! hay what ever works!
    Keep at it and good luck!
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I quit in the beginning too because I was just using the app.. but being active on the site ahas really made a huge difference. There's soo much support here!
  • Jenna1971
    Jenna1971 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I did the same thing too! I have been using the site now consistently for a month almost. It has been an eyeopener. Good luck!:smile:
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you can do it! like another person said being consistent with using the site really does help! you just need to surround yourself with positive motivating people...which is extremely easy to do on here! good luck!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Keep your goal of being fit in the front of your mind. It's hard when you have so little to lose, it won't come off fast, but you will feel so much better.

Best wishes.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You can do it, set yourself really achievable goals...if you don't need to lose weight then set yourself a maintenance plan..and make those calories really healthy ones..then get exercising......set goals for those......and eat your exercise calories back with protein..you should then convert fat to muscle...which will make you a lean fantastic energetic machine...and you may even lose weight .
  • anner53108
    anner53108 Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome back, Kelly! We have about the same amount to lose! Feel free to friend me if you want support/motivation. We can do this together! :)