TIRED ALL DAY

Options
I don't know what it is!!!

This is the third week I have been exercising. The first week I had all of this extra energy. Now I am tired ALL DAY.

I get plenty of sleep at night. I am eating clean. I take women's one a day vitamin every morning.

Please help me!!!!! I don't know what to do. I am considering buying some jetfuel or something from GNC to give me more energy. I hate being fuzzy and tired all day at work and otherwise.

Any other ideas?

Replies

• Harris_C
    Harris_C Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I posted something about being tired myself a little while ago. I started this on Monday and each day I have came in under my calorie goal. Today (about 3:00) I went back and looked at the calories I had consumed so far today and it was only 430! I'm sure the fact that I have cut out sugar and caffeine has a lot to do with it, but the lack of calories probably does to. I'm struggling with what I should/shouldn't eat!
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Are you in a locale that recently switched from DST? I have found the older I get, the harder it is to transition, even if "fall back" means getting an extra hour of sleep one night.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I consume a TON of caffeine in a day. A few years ago (when I was in college), I tried cutting it out completely and replacing it with water and milk. I basically slept all day except for class and exercise. If cutting caffeine is something you've done, try re-introducing some into your diet. If not, or if that doesn't help, talk to your doctor.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    we're in the same boat. i have no idea why i'm tired.i thought maybe i was getting too much rest? hope you figure it out.
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    if your not eating enough calories you will become tired esp if you are drastically cutting back on calories compared to what your body was used to i would up your calories a bit and if your worried about gaining weight just excercise them off but make sure your eating enough
  • dairywife
    dairywife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try taking some Vitamin D. Most of us are deficient especially if we work indoors and don't drink tons of milk. I am such an advocate of taking it. My doctor brought it up to me and I started taking even more even though she didn't think I was deficient. I have so much more energy. Adults should be consuming 1,000 IU to maintain vitamin D levels but if you are deficient then you should be taking 2,000 IU/day. Taking a women's one a day isn't enough. And 1 cup of milk only has 100 IU of Vit. D. Try it and give it some time. I know it will help. :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Are you in a locale that recently switched from DST? I have found the older I get, the harder it is to transition, even if "fall back" means getting an extra hour of sleep one night.

i agree, i'm dragging my butt...and the fact that it's 5pm and dark outside hurts...eat some almonds, that's what i reach for...or grapes just to keep my mouth busy
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I was having the same problem and I just recently started taking Iron supplements that I got at Walgreens. They seem to be helping. I knew my iron was low because I tried to donate blood a couple of months ago and they wouldn't let me. They are the ones that suggested the Iron supplements. So far I do feel a little better this week and have been able to get up in the mornings and go to the gym like I am suppose to.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options

i agree, i'm dragging my butt...and the fact that it's 5pm and dark outside hurts...eat some almonds, that's what i reach for...or grapes just to keep my mouth busy

Same thing here... it is dark when I get up, dark when I am out of work .... I've been having a hard time all week with it. I found having a banana or orange can sometimes pick me up when I get to that "i wanna sleep" point during the day!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Do you have a big healthy breakfast in the morning? Do you eat most of your carbs in the morning and lunchtime and most of your fat after lunch? Do you drink LOTS of water? Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Reevaluate your goals and calorie settings. You might not be eating enough. I was eating 1200 + some of my exercise cals and a couple weeks in just hit a wall. I changed my settings from "sedentary" to "somewhat active" (or whatever the next step up is) which put me at 1500+ exercise calories (I tend to eat all some days and not all other days, but always some, if you are not eating any of yours, this can easily cause your fatigue). A week on that and I was back up to full energy.

Also, what is your workout routine. If you are pushing yourself really hard, it'd be good to take an easy week every once in a while - not a week off, but a recovery week where maybe you do more stretching, walking, yoga etc, instead of a hard pounding cardio / strength routine if that's what you do.

Also be sure you have at least one day off a week where you don't exercise (maybe walk a little if you have to, but gentle not powerwalking) to recover weekly.

Then the 2nd time I totally hit a wall with fatigue found out I was pregnant :laugh: but there too, as soon as I upped from a deficit to maintenance eating instead I bounced back within a few days on the energy level (well, compared to falling asleep at my desk!).
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    First I would say drink more water,eat more protein and B-12(or take pills),make sure your getting enough iron,try guarana-or ginseng.Eating more protein and fiber will make you feel full longer and keep your energy level from crashing down.Have you tried the starbucks doubleshot drink,or mocha java?Give us updates and feel better!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    I agree about taking one day a week off,and don't push too hard all on one day-increase workouts slowly or you can seriously injure yourself.Stretch and try yoga too
  • shedmonds
    shedmonds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same issue for me - I'm falling asleep on the sofa at 8pm!!!

I'm upping my calorie intake a bit to see if that helps...
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    First, are you sure you are not fighting a little flu bug? I ask this because I had 3 days a few weeks ago when that was what I was going through, rested a lot and then of course felt better and my husband got it after!!

Second, I recently spent the money and went for a real-life nutrition consult with a functional medical doctor (basically some form of a registered nutritionist would work)... did the blood test, even a saliva cortisol test, etc.

Now I'm on a very healthy regimen of vitamins - a multi that my body actually processes (taken 3 times a day for optimum absorbtion), omega 3, etc. Honestly, I know it works because I ran out the other day and for about 5 days I felt sluggish, just not up to speed and this was the only thing different.

Also, when I've worked out extra hard, or having a harder day - a little extra protein helps me!

Good luck!