Feeling sorry for myself, and need to burn 300+ calories HEL

Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
That should be HELP not HEL !!! :blushing:

Ok, here goes;
I fell down the stairs this afternoon, then I felt sorry for myself and ate chocolate fingers, now, despite all the exercise I did earlier, I have overeaten my calories by 339 - but, I am having trouble walking - the fall has made it too painful to walk, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can burn these confort calories without doing more harm to my legs?

Replies

• Jackie_W
    That should be HELP not HEL !!! :blushing:

Ok, here goes;
    I fell down the stairs this afternoon, then I felt sorry for myself and ate chocolate fingers, now, despite all the exercise I did earlier, I have overeaten my calories by 339 - but, I am having trouble walking - the fall has made it too painful to walk, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can burn these confort calories without doing more harm to my legs?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Different crunch type activities.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Try sitting and doing arm excercises while sitting straight and engaging your core. If you have free weights, or cans of soup, do circles with your arms out to yoursides and then in front of you. Try doing curls and shoulder presses. Then! ( I know:wink: ) do some crunches and floor work. (leg lifts like they did in the eighties!!)

:flowerforyou:

And feel better sweetie!
  • AndreaLee
    AndreaLee Posts: 23 Member
    Ouch! Sorry about your fall. If you've injured yourself, it might be a good idea to give your body time to heal. So you'll have to keep away from anything that will put stress on your legs. Mild stretching up top, and see how your back reacts to it. If you fell, you might have caused problems elsewhere, so I'd take it easy. If it feels okay, then you can go for light weights on arms and shoulder exercises.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    One day won't derail you completely, and being over by 300+ calories won't kill your calorie deficit (i.e. make you gain weight today).

Rest. Relax. Warm baths, salts. Rest. Give your body a chance to heal.

Crap happens in our lives. My ulcer was killing me a few weeks back and I ate horribly (caloricly speaking) to try to hinder the pain. Gained weight that week, but lost it and then some the next. Don't stress it girl. Your body does a lot for you, give it a day to heal. :heart:
  • Jackie_W
    One day won't derail you completely, and being over by 300+ calories won't kill your calorie deficit (i.e. make you gain weight today).

Crap happens in our lives. My ulcer was killing me a few weeks back and I ate horribly (caloricly speaking) to try to hinder the pain. Gained weight that week, but lost it and then some the next. Don't stress it girl. Your body does a lot for you, give it a day to heal. :heart:

I'd love to have a warm bubble bath, but hubby got rid of the bath last year and replaced it with a shower - after I started having trouble getting out of the bath due to knee and back problems.

I'm just gonna take it slowly for a couple of days, I tried to walk to the car tonight, managed it with hubby's help, but getting in and out of the car was excruciating :sad:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

I'd love to have a warm bubble bath, but hubby got rid of the bath last year and replaced it with a shower - after I started having trouble getting out of the bath due to knee and back problems.

I'm just gonna take it slowly for a couple of days, I tried to walk to the car tonight, managed it with hubby's help, but getting in and out of the car was excruciating :sad:

Okay, this might sound silly.... but if you have room to sit in the shower floor, lay towels across your legs and let the warm water from the shower soak you. The towels will help to hold the warm water on your legs. I use to do that as a kid in my grandparents' shower after they converted out of a bath tub.
This discussion has been closed.