No exercise equiptment! HELP!!!`

Options
I need exercise ideas! i have no videos or equiptment. What are some exercises i can do without equiptment to burn my calories for the day? And no walking! Too cold!!:noway: lol

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    I need exercise ideas! i have no videos or equiptment. What are some exercises i can do without equiptment to burn my calories for the day? And no walking! Too cold!!:noway: lol
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Google em.
    Squats, lunges, jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, chair dips, etc.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks, jump"rope" (no rope but try jumping high enough and keep you arms moving like you moving a rope....Jillian Micheals and Bob from The Biggest Loser LOVE doing that in their videos....), planks are great for your core and arms, crab walks for your triceps and core, mountian climbers, squats, lunges (side, curstey, and regular...remember to lead with your hips and tummy sucked in), push-ups, crunches......O, and think back to the eighties....the floor routines they would do.

You can Google all of these moves and even Google "At home excercise with no equipment" or something along that thread. ("equipmentless workout"?)

:flowerforyou:
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a stepper one that counts calories too and just step around the house. Make sure you step more than 10,000 steps per day
  • rosiesantos7
    Options
    Jumping jacks, jump"rope" (no rope but try jumping high enough and keep you arms moving like you moving a rope....Jillian Micheals and Bob from The Biggest Loser LOVE doing that in their videos....), planks are great for your core and arms, crab walks for your triceps and core, mountian climbers, squats, lunges (side, curstey, and regular...remember to lead with your hips and tummy sucked in), push-ups, crunches......O, and think back to the eighties....the floor routines they would do.

You can Google all of these moves and even Google "At home excercise with no equipment" or something along that thread. ("equipmentless workout"?)

What are planks and crab walks
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    If you want videos, self.com has videos of their workouts. Often they don't need any type of equipment. I use them whenever I am not near a gym.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Dancing!! Put on some oldies, and let 'er rip!
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    What kind of cable do you have? I have Time Warner and there is the Exercise Channel on demand. There are a bunch of workout shows on there and they are all free. That's what I do. There is a lot of variety, from Tae Bo to Pilates and so on. Maybe your cable provider has an exercise channel on demand.
  • Fab140
    Options

Get in a push up position and hold it. that's a plank.

Crab walks are the things you did in gym as a little kid, tummy in the air walking on your hand and feet.
  • rosiesantos7
    Options
    Thanks
  • Fab140
    Options
    Yup!
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    What kind of cable do you have? I have Time Warner and there is the Exercise Channel on demand. There are a bunch of workout shows on there and they are all free. That's what I do. There is a lot of variety, from Tae Bo to Pilates and so on. Maybe your cable provider has an exercise channel on demand.
    I have suddenlink..I dont have an exercise channel although it would be nice!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Dancing!! Put on some oldies, and let 'er rip!

Or my equivalent.... house/trance/dance/pop music and dance like crazy!

Another suggestion I've seen is to look up zumba or other workouts on YouTube! I thought that was an awesome idea. Movement is the key!
  • healthychic
    Options
    I would go on EBAY and type in exercise videos or dvds. They have SOOO many on there. They are usually pretty cheap, you won't pay more ten 15-20 dollars, and its worth it anyways for your health. They also have used ones too that go for really cheap(I've seen them on there for like 5 dollars). Also, go to places like salvation army or even Barnes and Nobel. They always have different kinds of books and dvds you can try. Or your local library.
    Hope this helps!:smile:

-Danielle

p.s. One of the best dvds is TURBO JAM. I highley recommend it!!
  • mstoni04
    Options

Also if you're weak like me or have problems with your arms the modified plank done resting on your forearms and toes works pretty good too. I have rhuematoid arthritis and a contracture in my right arm and my wrist don't bend, but I've built up enough strenght to do the prone plank for about 10 seconds.

Plus anything to get that heart rate up will help with fat burn. Jogging, jumping jacks...jumping jacks=10 calories a minute.
    Options

If you have a beach ball or basketball or volleyball, ect... you can lay on your back on the floor and bend your knee's and put the ball between your knee's and now you are ready to do crunches.

Get a belt and 2 half gal. milk, or water plastic jugs with some sand to put in them. Start out with only 1-2 lbs of sand in the plastic jugs. Loop the belt through your pant loops and the handle of the plastic jugs (so there is 1 jug on each side of you). Now you are ready to do lunges, the rocker, the crab walk. you will also be able to use these jugs as weights also. Just remember the more sand that is in the jug the heavier it will be.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Do a YouTube search for Yoga, and if the area around your computer is large enough for it, maximize the YouTube screen and do a nice yoga workout. There are some great beginners ones that are about half an hour long, and that's good for 97 calories.