Little Annoyed

willow3eb
willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Between St. Pat's day and the 27th I lost 7lbs quick. This week: NOTHING. It's driving me nuts. I am hitting my cals everyday, and exercising when I can and nothing. So, I'm gonna try to watch my carbs and eat less of them, more protein. I've been having soda (diet coke) daily too, so I'm gonna try to kick it the next few days and see what happens. And this weekend I am hitting the gym, hard. Gonna stare my enemy the eliptical in the face and finally use it rather than just the treadmill. Hopefully these little tweaks work, cause the "water weight" from last week is far from all that I have/want to lose.

All I want to do is break out of the 260s! Ugh!

Replies

• Instead of concentrating exclusively on pounds lost, remember to follow your clothing sizes. The more you his the gym, the better shape you will be in. But, you won't always lose pounds because you're building muscle as well as shedding fat!
  • Oh, hun, Diet Sodas are terrible... they contain nothing but chemicals that mess with your natural systems, and even though they are zero calorie or zero sugar, they contain WAY TOO MUCH SODIUM!!! You would be better off just sticking to water, or even natural juice if you need a sweet fix. Have you been tracking your sodium? It causes water retention and can account for anywhere from 2-6lbs of weight!! Just a thought. Best of luck with getting through your plateau.
  • First week or so you lose the most because your losing all that water weight. After that it becomes harder because when working out you are turning fat into muscle which weighs more so at this point you should watch inches fall off and not so much pounds. Definitely try to kick the soda and focus on water. Watch anything with high sodium because that will make you retain water. This is a work in progress and takes time. You can do it dont get discouraged!!!! Im where you are now not seeing so much weight loss but can definitely tell and feel a difference!!!

STAY POSITIVE!!!
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    holy wow, congrats on 7lbs in 10 days - but thats fast! Losing weight too quick isn't always the way to go, so slowing down might be better for you to keep the weight off from now on, as frustrating as it might be, you're doing great!

Go you for cutting back on the soda too! Its amazing how much that can affect your weight (even if it is diet), not to say you can have some once in a while, but cutting down is so much better for ya.

Stay strong, good luck!
  • willow3eb
    Yeah, salt is another thing I need to be watching. Been having a few sandwiches this week, so that's probably a culprit too. And as far as fitness and clothes, today I am in jeans that I haven't fit into in a while! And my regular work pants keep sagging in my tush cause it's shrunken a little and doesn't hold them up as well anymore. And I ran up a flight of stairs the other day w/o getting winded afterwards. So I see all that too, and that makes me feel better. Hopefully the scale will start to catch up with me soon.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    I was so concerned with the scale initially also. But that number is so skewed by all the variables....fat, muscle, water , whatever's in your belly etc...

Just focus on how your clothes fit...no better way. The number on the scale is virtually worthless....and frustrating!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    7 lbs in 10 days is fun but not the norm. Try to be happy with 1-2 lbs per week. And even then, you will NOT lose every week. That's just how dieting works.

Great idea on cutting out the diet soda. Like other posters, I agree that while it's no calories, no carbs, it may have something in it that's hindering weight loss. AND if you replace drinking a diet soda with an extra glass of water, that's so much better for you. Water can flush out toxins in your body like no other beverage. Some people suggest drinking half your weight in ounces. One idea I saw was to get 8 glasses per day plus 1 extra glass for every 25 lbs you want to lose. Either way, you need more than the standard 8 glasses. And if you exercise, you must drink more to replace what you sweat, and that doesn't count toward your 8 glass minimum.

Way to go on fitting into skinnier clothes! Yes, I get that the scale is addictive, but try to focus on the whole weight loss, getting healthy package. And hang in there!
  • are you getting smaller can you tell a difference in your clothes.... You might be losing inches
  • willow3eb
    Quick update: Drank a TON of water yesterday-6 cups w/o exercising so thats alot for me in a regular day. No soda, no snacks after dinner/before bed, and I finally broke 260! 259.6 this morning! So psyched, especially since I went over my cals yesterday by a bit...I was naugty for lunch. Hitting the gym this afternoon after work-tomorrow is the official weigh-in day and I think I'll do measurements too, because I know I shrunk (especially in the booty lol)
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Congrats on breaking that 260 mark!!! I know how you feel. For the past month, I feel like I've been working so hard and keeping to my calories. Almost no weight loss for weeks, then all of a sudden the scale started moving again. Halleluiah!!! I guess you just have to plow through those tough spots, as frustrating as they can be. We've all been there. Fight the good fight and show that eliptical who's boss!!!! Have a great week.
This discussion has been closed.