self sabotogin

julee5152
julee5152 Posts: 1
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
I self sabotage (sp) all of the time! I talk myself into eating something not so good for me. I really want to do this. People say that if I really want to lose weight I will try harder and I will do it. I want it more then anything!! I am so frustrated! BUT this time I am going to do it!! Day 1, yesterday, I made it ate great! They say that it takes 28 days to form a habit....well I can do it for 28 days out of my life! I know I can!!

Replies

• 1MissTT
    1MissTT Posts: 9 Member
    i do the same thing!! i say ohhh this one thing wont hurt..(knowing that it will) You got it though!! just takes time..im still struggling!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Yup ive been there and feel so guilty after it!
  • I do it most often after stepping on the scale and seeing a weight loss. I don't know why. It should encourage me to keep going because it makes me so happy to see the numbers going down. I will try to make a habit of weighing in only once a month.
  • i can relate to that. You tellyourself that its ok to let go and tom you will make up for today.I am so ready to get my life on track. I am getting married next year and also would love to lose weight so I can have a baby too.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    It is sooo normal..I think many of us do it! I have found it is not so much self sabotage as it is a fear of success. See, we always hear "fear of failure" well, yeah, bunches of us are afraid to fail so it is easier not to try, right? But, what about a fear of success?? Like what happens when I lose this weight? What if I cannot keep it off?? What if this, what if that? What happens when people start to notice??

See, self esteem for me is a tough journey...and, one thing I have found is that I "hide" behind my weight. Now that it is coming off and it is starting to become noticeable people are commenting...NOW I am accountable to them..what if I don't do what they expect??

Doesn't this sound nutz?? Yeah, well, I am not exactly normal. LOL

Anyway, know you are not alone...we all struggle with that type of stuff! :)
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 193 Member
    Hi
    I used to self sabotage all the time!!! I would say yeah I'm going to do it this time and
    a few weeks in I would loose interest or someone would say are you ment to be
    eating that and I would get all defensive and loose track!!
    I am 15months down the line this time and I have kept the weight off I have totally
    changed my attitude about how I am with food and exercise!!

Its the best move I ever made!!! Congratulations on your determination to
    do it this time!!
    Good luck in your journey I'm sure you will get the benifit from your
    lifestyle change as thats what your doing!!! If you tell yourself that and
    that your not dieting then it isnt so bad!!!

Take care
    Vicky xx
  • I am my own worse enemy when it comes to self sabotage...Every second of every day I fight with myself to not eat this or that...You can do it just have to have faith in yourself :smile:
  • I am always worring what other say. Everyday i worry if what i am wearing looks good or not even after my fiancee says i look great. I think that i will worry when i lose the weight, can i keep it off or will i still look big or the many thoughts in my mind.
This discussion has been closed.