April Atkins (low carb) Challenge...

Options
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: OK Everyone Let's do this :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This Month let's each set Mini Goals and REACH them! The payoff....A special Reward to Yourself.

1.) Set Mini Goal
2.) Wha'ts Your Reward going to be?
3.) How will You reach it?

Mine ~ 1.) My Mini goal for April will be to lose 12 lbs ~ 2.) My Reward will be A spa Day... 3.) To reach this goal I'm going to exercise an extra day a week, report here for any suggestions, support I may need and last but not least, Hold Myself ACCOUNTABLE!

Replies

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I am not doing atkins, but I am watching my carbs. If you like eggplant this is a great recipe. Especially with the grills making a comeback!

Eggplant Bruschetta

slice eggplant thin
    coat with a little olive oil
    grill until golden and tender
    top with tomato mixture ( i use the store bought from trader joes)
    put a small piece of fresh mozzarella on top

I went to a restaurant and they served this on top of a thick piece of foccacia, so I just eliminated the bread and it was still yummy.
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I am not doing atkins, but I am watching my carbs. If you like eggplant this is a great recipe. Especially with the grills making a comeback!

Eggplant Bruschetta

slice eggplant thin
    coat with a little olive oil
    grill until golden and tender
    top with tomato mixture ( i use the store bought from trader joes)
    put a small piece of fresh mozzarella on top

Wow Thanks! That sounds Wonderful!

I went to a restaurant and they served this on top of a thick piece of foccacia, so I just eliminated the bread and it was still yummy.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I am in...........

1.) Set Mini Goal

Lose at least 8 - 10 pounds.

1 hour hot stone massage

Keep eating low carb. Keeping carbs to 5-8% of my daily intake. High fat and moderate protein. Drink lots of water and green tea. No grains and minimal fruit intake.

I need to break back into Onederland
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I am in...........

1.) Set Mini Goal

Lose at least 8 - 10 pounds.

1 hour hot stone massage

Keep eating low carb. Keeping carbs to 5-8% of my daily intake. High fat and moderate protein. Drink lots of water and green tea. No grains and minimal fruit intake.

I need to break back into Onederland

AWESOME! I suppose we will just continue using this thread throughout the month and check in. If it's just You and I then so be it LOL!! Good Luck!
  • Grokette
    Options
    Awesome!! I will be in and out a lot............I start school again next week so things are going to change in my little world.
  • caroay
    caroay Posts: 6
    Options
    I am in as well!
    This is how I am planning to accomplish it.. though I am going away for spring break and I know I will have a hard time this coming week. Anyhow..

1.) Set Mini Goal

Lose 5 punds

New pair of pants or shoes.. according to how I feel when I actually go shopping

Also, I will keep eating low carb and high protein. I will try to exercise as much as I can. I will make a point of drinking lots of water and fluids and will try to skip fruit (and dessert while I am away).
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'll join you ladies. :)

My goal is to reach my second mini-goal by the end of the month (if not sooner). My reward will be a new workout outfit. And I'll achieve this goal by continuing my "smart Atkins" plan and by upping my workout routine -- specifically more cardio.

Good luck to everyone! We can do it!!!

And thanks for sharing the yummy recipe, amfmmama! I love eggplant!
  • Grokette
    Options
    Yay, a good little group here!!

I just finished a taco salad and it was amazing!!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    Options
    Yay, a good little group here!!

I just finished a taco salad and it was amazing!!!

Taco salad is my obsession. It's one of the few meals where I genuinely don't feel like I'm "missing" something. Yay for good food!
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone!

The weekends are the TOUGHEST! I think today I'll lay out in the sun and that will be just the motivation I need to keep on keepin' on! Me in a bathing suit isn't purrrrty! HAHA! Thank God for 7 foot fences!
  • SammieGetsFit
    Options
    How's it going, everyone? Hope you're staying strong!

This was a rough week, but I somehow stayed on track. Only 9.6 pounds to go!
  • Grokette
    Options
    I have been busy and not online very much this week, but I am staying on track.

The weather is warmer here in the midwest and I have been eating lots of salads. I need to ditch the night shade veggies (peppers and tomatos) as I think they are causing me some inflammation issues.
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I've been busy too!

Seems like I've been retaining water a lot too....Weird.

Where in the Midwest? I grew up in Kansas City!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I'd like to join in. I was doing Induction but spent this week sick and now I'm going to start over.

I'll be shopping for my foods after work.

Mini-goal--

Lose 4-6 pounds

Reward--

New haircut.

How to reach it--

Atkins Induction phase for 2 weeks, then reassess.
  • Grokette
    Options
    I've been busy too!

Seems like I've been retaining water a lot too....Weird.

Where in the Midwest? I grew up in Kansas City!

I am in the St Louis area on the Illinois side.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I am starting Induction today. I have a good supply of the approved vegetables and other foods. I am excited about this journey!:smile:
  • peppycat
    peppycat Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in, too. Finishing up my second week on Induction. I don't have a particular number of pounds I want to lose this month, but I hope to be able to run 1 lap around the track by the end of the month.

Do you all count calories? I log mine here, but per the Atkins plan, I don't use them as my measuring stick for the day. I focus on protein and carb intake.
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    Nope I just l look at carbs/fat.....Add Me if You'd like...:flowerforyou:
  • Grokette
    Options
    I'm in, too. Finishing up my second week on Induction. I don't have a particular number of pounds I want to lose this month, but I hope to be able to run 1 lap around the track by the end of the month.

Do you all count calories? I log mine here, but per the Atkins plan, I don't use them as my measuring stick for the day. I focus on protein and carb intake.

No, I don't count calories. I see them and am cognizant of the # but not the basis of my eating.............

I am actually no longer on Atkins, but I am on a stricter low carb plan (Paleo / Primal plan). I have given up grains, legumes, most dairy for good. I learned with Atkins that my body does not like these foods and I kept trying to feed my body those foods to only lead me to binging and weight gain.

I focus on getting at least 65% fat, 25% protein and 5 - 10% carbs.

I am feeling good and losing weight good again now.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

No, I just count carbs (and watch my fat and sodium). I keep my log on paper, though, not online.

Yesterday went well and today will, too! I am going to pick up some more veggies today. I don't like to buy too many at one time and I go past a good grocery store on my way to/from work so it's not a problem to pick up fresh every couple of days. They also have wild-caught salmon on sale--hope to get some of that, too!

Have a good day, everyone!