Clothes...argh!

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I just pulled out a few of my Summer clothes, and nothing fits me any more, I have gone from a large 12 (UK) to a small 10 (also UK, about a 5 US). So at the very best I am going to have to spend a lot, but I live in a small town and I can't find anything in my size! I live in white shirts in the summer and have just tried on loads and they were all too big. This weight loss thing is a pain!

Replies

• Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Trust me! I know what you mean! Having to get all new clothes is going to be such a pain! :P
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    teh first successful diet I had I had a very similar issue...I went from not being able to find anything big enough to not being able to find anything small enough! good luck!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have had to buy some new clothes for work today.
    Have gone from a UK 16 to a 12 since January.
    But for some reason a lot of things are not available in 12. What!!? It was all I could see when I WASN'T a 12.
    I don't mind though.
    Having to put some clothes back because they are too BIG is nice.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I did some shopping at Goodwill, so I could have clothes that fit me, but not spend a lot of money. I donated my large clothes so that I wouldn't have them to "fit back into when I gained it back" and also donated back some of those I bought along the way.

I didn't purchase new clothes, until I had reached a size/weight I wanted to be. Now my closet is full again :smile:
    Kaye
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    What a pain! But...it sure beats everything being too small! Keep up the good work, and how bout maybe a road trip to a bigger city with a better selection of clothes? It could be like a nice little reward for yourself :bigsmile:
  • sauvagdo
    sauvagdo Posts: 3
    Options
    wow, you seriously are complaining about how small you have become that none of your clothes fit? You do realize that most of us long to be in that position............. I suggest you find yourself a good tailor and stop whining! Celebrate your accomplishments!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    hehe most women only go up to down but as men we gain 20 or 30 lbs and then lose 10 then gain another 20 or so and lose 10....We eventually have to buy a lot of clothes too.
  • fteale
    Options
    I have had to buy some new clothes for work today.
    Have gone from a UK 16 to a 12 since January.
    But for some reason a lot of things are not available in 12. What!!? It was all I could see when I WASN'T a 12.
    I don't mind though.
    Having to put some clothes back because they are too BIG is nice.

That's because a 12 is about average so they've always sold out. Same with size 5 and 6 shoes.
  • fteale
    Options
    wow, you seriously are complaining about how small you have become that none of your clothes fit? You do realize that most of us long to be in that position............. I suggest you find yourself a good tailor and stop whining! Celebrate your accomplishments!

It was a JOKE
  • JessJoJell
    Options
    oh I cant wait for this problem!!!! Congrats on all your hard work. I am going to start saving like 10 or 15 bucks a week to set back so when I reach my goal I can go shopping!!! yippy
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!

I put on my favourite Craghoppers weekend trousers this morning, and they were falling off my hips! (Uk size 14)

I did manage to find a pair of size 12 trousers in a charity shop last week that currently fit me (bit loose) and I've worn them I think 4 days this week! I do have SOME older stuff in my wardrobe that I'm fitting back into, but my shape has changed, and I don't know what looks good on me any more!

Sure it's a great feeling, but it's still a pain in the....ummm...pert little butt ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!