Weigh-in Question..

Options
I got up earlier, used the restroom, weighed & logged it. It was too early for a Saturday so I went back to bed. I just got up, used the restroom again and weighed again and it was a fairly nice difference lol. Should I weigh in again and change it to the new lower number?

Replies

• awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, so take it as you will, but once I weigh in, I dont change it. Only because I dont want to be disappointed next week if I count too low this week, then Im setting myself up to lose less next week. Does that make sense?
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    id try tommorow x
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, so take it as you will, but once I weigh in, I dont change it. Only because I dont want to be disappointed next week if I count too low this week, then Im setting myself up to lose less next week. Does that make sense?

That's what I was thinking.. even though I want to see that new number now, I think I'd much rather see a bigger loss next week.

& @lotty1987 - Weighing every day isn't good for you.. even the site suggests only doing it once a week.
  • misschilard
    Options
    This is why you should weigh at the same time a day each time
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    misschilard - I would but I've moved my weigh ins to Saturdays and there's no telling when I'll get up on Saturdays.. but it's the only day I'm not rushing around to go somewhere..
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Truly ..you should only really weight yourself once a week...around the same time
  • youthgonewild23
    youthgonewild23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The best way is to weigh yourself every day at the same time. Heck, if you can't weigh yourself at the same time every day, don't worry about checking it every day. A lot people only do it only once a week. I do it about every 2-4 days just before I get in the shower in the morning. As many have said including my doctor, your weight can fluctuate several pounds within a day.

The exact weight every day isn't as important, anyways. As long as the general trend is going down over an extended period of time, you are in great shape.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I give myself a "First Weight Rule"... the first number that shows on the scale on Saturday (my weigh-in day too) is the number that I log. I usually weigh myself again right away, but I don't count it no matter what. That's just my rule.
  • Lizzybugz
    Lizzybugz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate too. =( Sometimes between 2-3 lbs a day. I think its water weight for me. I seem to be bloated....probably cuz I am on bc and the hormones in it.
  • misschilard
    Options
    Well in that case I would weigh-in when you are up for the day and not just to go toilet :-) and I would highly recommend only doing it once a week as soooo many people stress over the normal yo-yo of weight between days :-) i know many people that have taken a peek a day early and stressed about a weight gain but been equal or a loss when at their true weigh-in :-) Once your up and ready to go weigh-in :-)