Protein Pancakes

Options
p_nutprincess
p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
I saw a recipe on here for Apple Pancakes, and there was nothing healthy about them. It made me mad; while I'm sure it's a delicious recipe, it does not belong on a healthy eating forum, so I wanted to share my personal recipe for Protein Pancakes.

Proten Pancakes Recipe:

2 egg whites
3 dashes cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 c. Plain Non-Fat Greek yogurt (I prefer Dannon or Chobani)
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal
1/2 scoop vanilla protein whey isolate powder
*Optional - canned pumpkin, pineapple, or other pureed fruit)

Preheat Non-Stick Skillet and coat with cooking spray
Whisk eggs, yogurt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add protein powder and flaxseed meal. Add fruit if desired.
Drop onto hot skillet and allow to cook for approx 2 mins on each side, or until slightly golden. I also like to add an extra dash of cinnamon.
I like to top it with fresh strawberries and a spoonful of Greek Yogurt, but if you're not as strict, you can use butter spray and sugar free syrup :-) It's super quick and super tasty! I often make this for dinner alsong with some scrambled eggs when I get home from the gym at 8:30 at night. You can experiement with different extracts to give them a different flavor, and chocolate protein powder works well too! You can also up the egg whites to 3 and the protein powder to 3/4 of a scoop if you want more.

~Jess~

Replies