Coconut?

Options
I have heard that coconut boosts metabolism? Any ideas or info?? I am gonna research it but was just wondering if anyone had experience with it?? Thanks!

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was reading something about that a few weeks back... Not sure if there is truth to it, but great question!
  • alex51026
    alex51026 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I do love Coconut!
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would love to know since that would be something easy to add to my diet since it is pretty tasty
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Interesting! This morning before workout I thought about drinking some coconut juice but I didn't.
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    So covered in dark chocolate would be like a health food!

Please say yes!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This info is from naturalnews.com....

- Coconut oil slows down the digestion of food, which helps you feel fuller after a meal. Many people notice that after adding coconut oil to their diet, they are less prone to snacking.

- Because it slows digestion, coconut oil also helps prevent blood sugar fluctuations after a meal by slowing the rate carbohydrates are broken down into blood glucose.

- The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil destroy candida, a condition of yeast overgrowth in the body which triggers symptoms of weight gain, carbohydrate cravings, fatigue and many others. Eliminating candida is an important part of achieving permanent weight loss.

- Coconut oil is excellent for detoxification. It cleanses the body of many infirmities, balances the digestive tract and nourishes all cells in the body. These benefits restore your health and pave the way for natural weight loss.

Tips for Using Coconut Oil to Increase Metabolism:

- Start small. If you've never taken coconut oil before, start with one teaspoon a day and slowly work up to 3-6 tablespoons per day. This will help your body adjust to the beneficial effects of coconut oil.
    - The kind of coconut oil you choose is very important. Organic, unrefined extra virgin coconut oil is the best choice since it preserves all the natural goodness of the oil.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Zave.....I LOVE MOUNDS!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    LOL @ Zave.....I LOVE MOUNDS!

Me too! That's what I was thinking.
  • e3slisa
    e3slisa Posts: 65
    Options
    :laugh: Do we think this includes a Bounty :smile:
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Several years ago some co-workers and I tried coconut oil. It did nothing for us as far as weight loss was concerned.

When we tried it, coconut oil was the "new" thing to do and the only form you could purchase it in was similar to Crisco. I even remember GNC was out of stock and we had to wait a month before they received more. It was great if you were adding it to hot foods/beverages but it was nasty if you added it to cold foods/beverages. I'm not sure if they've come out with something more the consistency of oil now our not. If they have, I think you'd have better luck coming up with ways to use it.

One of the girls added it to mashed potatoes and her family loved it; my husband and I hated it. We added it to coffee and hot chocolate and it tasted pretty good though. One of the ladies didn't drink coffee so she tried adding it to her orange juice. She said it was nasty--basically because after she melted the coconut glob and added it to cold orange juice it just congealed again.

But like I said, that was years ago and maybe it has a different consistency now. And you might have more creative ways to use it than we did.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Do we think this includes a Bounty :smile:

Of course :wink:
  • frugal2
    frugal2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try adding it in moderation to my diet. I'm out of cooking oil anyway and I love the taste of coconut!