any runners out there?

Options
I am somewhat new to running. And need some other runners out there for support, suggetions and insipration. I have some 5k's under my belt lokking to do some 10k's and a 1/2 marathon in October - thanks - gotta run!!

Replies

• AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm a new runner too with some 5ks! I'm doing a 10k in June. My running partner gave me a website marathonrookie.com and it has training schedules for 10ks and how you should eat, etc. You should check it out!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am somewhat new to running. And need some other runners out there for support, suggetions and insipration. I have some 5k's under my belt lokking to do some 10k's and a 1/2 marathon in October - thanks - gotta run!!

I'm a runner I guess you could say! I took a good break from it (about a year) & am getting back into it now!! I was gonna do a triathlon in June but I don't have the money to buy everything I'd need so I'm just sticking to training for my own fitness lol! I'd love to have some support as well with getting back into it! I trained in 08-09 ish for a marathon but then I moved & pretty much quit running slowly since the marathon was in Utah & I had moved to Georgia. (Great excuse :grumble: ) LMAO!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm a new runner too with some 5ks! I'm doing a 10k in June. My running partner gave me a website marathonrookie.com and it has training schedules for 10ks and how you should eat, etc. You should check it out!

Oooh sweet! I've done some 5ks too :) I need help improving my mile time!!
  • lulu20111
    lulu20111 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm training for a 10k in July......and not a runner so it's all new to me too! Hope I can add some encouragement and support for you!

Lulu x
  • AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    Options

Oooh sweet! I've done some 5ks too :) I need help improving my mile time!!

Girl, me too!! Right now I'm at 40 min but my friend and I are going for 36 next saturday! I'm excited/nervous lol
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 5k at the end of the month. I used to run in high school, but I'm just now getting back on track. I'd like to do a 10k in August.
  • Moolieloo
    Moolieloo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW. If you girls are new to running, but have a few 5Ks you've already done, I must be really super new!! I'm doing a training program (kinda like a C25K) and I just finished week 4. I hope to run my first 5K in early May. :)
  • luckyanniefish13
    Options
    Hay! Same here with the races! Going to do my second 5k in may, my first 10k in Aug and my first Half Marathon in Oct! YEAY! WE CAN DO IT!!!! Just keep your chin up and stretch as much as you can!