Applesauce cake???

Options
tobitude
tobitude Posts: 89 Member
I need a recipe for a low calorie applesauce cake i can make tonight, is there anyone that has one????

Thanks

Replies

• HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    my daughter made me an AMAZING cake....she got the betty crocker cake mix (she used lemon, but I think it will work for any) and the box said you need 3 eggs, oil, and water.....well, she used ONLY water and 1 egg!!! and it came out delicious!!!!!! I couldnt believe it....I was feeling SOOO guilty about going over my cals until she told me how she made it! then I got another slice!! Yep she loves her mom and she wants me to lose this weight and get healthy....and she knows I have a weakness for cake....:wink:
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    btw...she didnt use the applesauce....my hubby and son couldnt tell the difference...(they hate eating my low cal food lol) and you can also add 1 -20oz can of crushed pinapple to an angel food cake mix..(do NOT add the water) and if you make muffins with it, I believe somewhere around 60 cals a muffin......no applesauce needed...NOW if only there was a great low cal frosting!!!:ohwell:
  • hollyferweda
    Options
    I usually do a betty crocker spice cake mix, and use the recipe as it calls for water, then instead of oil I use applesauce, and either one egg, or 3 egg whites. It's sooo yummy. For a good touch, add in chopped apples. So delish!!