Do these count?

Options
I just spent 2 hours cleaning while weaing my HRM which included vacuming, steam cleaning carpets, moping, laundry ect.. According to my HRM I burnt 600 cals! Would you log thse in for excercise? My HRM only counts cals if your heartrate goes about 100(not sure if they are like that).

Thanks,
Rebecca

Replies

• pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im not sure about that, If you hrm said so, check the mfp cleaning and log the time and see if its comprable but what kind of hrm do you have? i want to get one just for the calories, i dont really care to much about the heart rate stuff lol
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Some ppl count them. I count it when i am carpet cleaning and wiping walls and things. I don't know that i'd count all 600 though. Up to you!
  • Drthoman
    Drthoman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hell yes i would...you burned calories and it counts...i put cleaning and exercising in, i put my cleaning in as light cleaning
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i always log mine in, and my hrm usually has me as burning more calories than mfp does. i figure my hrm can actually judge my heart rate to give me the most accurate amount of calories burned, whereas mfp is just a good estimate
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i would say it depends on what your activity level is set as. if you have it as sedentary, i would count them all. if you have it set as lightly active i probably wouldnt count any of them..
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I count what number I feel I actually deserve. You did burn calories, so that is always great! Log what you feel is fair. Nice job cleaning!! I also use my HRM to log cleaning, playing with kids at the park type calorie burn!