Banana Oatmeal Bars (91 calories each)

Options
In case anyone likes bananas and has some leftover and they are beginning to get very ripe, my husband and I made some oatmeal bars toda,y with 7 "ripe bananas" , 5 cups of oatmeal, tbsp baking soda mix it all together put it on a cookie sheet, bake for 22 mins at 350....take them out and drizzle with 2tbs of peanut butter, 2tbs of honey (mixed in to a liquidy state) they are only 91 calories per bar (28) bars. yummmmmmy!

Replies

• Edantrump
    Options
    Sounds very yummy, Thanks ;)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Noo! NOOO! Oatmeal, bananas, and peanut butter. All three of my weaknesses bundled together! :bigsmile: (Seriously, I eat WAY too much oatmeal, peanut butter, and bananas). Thanks for recipe! I can't make it because I'd eat all 28 bars, but... Sounds good anyways! :heart:
    > :brokenheart:
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    bump
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump
  • naturesrun
    Options
    I couldn't make them either. I'd have them gone in 2 days max.:smile:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    yummy
  • mfsjala
    mfsjala Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    id have to hide 7 bananas for them to get ripe in my house. kids eat them from green to yellow lol sounds yummy though
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Mine are.... previously frozen ones, but this looks like a perfect way to use up some of them, will be making this tonight for sure. Had to make room in the freezer after the final failure of my freezer extender (cooler in the snowbank) and that meant bananas got the short end of the storage stick.
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    It's a low calorie way to use bananas up, as you're mixing it you can always adjust the sugar but we tried to keep the calories down and for the most part the peanut butter/honey drizzle is a nice sweetness to top it off...they really are yummy ! Enjoy...
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    In case anyone likes bananas and has some leftover and they are beginning to get very ripe, my husband and I made some oatmeal bars toda,y with 7 "ripe bananas" , 5 cups of oatmeal, tbsp baking soda mix it all together put it on a cookie sheet, bake for 22 mins at 350....take them out and drizzle with 2tbs of peanut butter, 2tbs of honey (mixed in to a liquidy state) they are only 91 calories per bar (28) bars. yummmmmmy!

Is that a tablespoon of baking soda or a teaspoon? A tablespoon of baking soda sounds like a lot.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'll be trying them shortly with only a teaspoon of the soda to keep the sodium count down, that stuff has tons of sodium
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    does it matter what kind of oats? instant or steel cut?
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    OMG! you are right it is a teaspoon yikes...gotta change that...
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    CORRECTION EVERYONE: on the banana / oatmeal bars...it's a teaspoon ! sorry :tongue:
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    I used old fashion oatmeal ...
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    I used old fashion oatmeal ...
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    you were right....sorry bout that one...:tongue:
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options