so mad!!!!!!

Options
so i have lost 17 pounds and 3 inches in my waist ,i was starting to get happier about y appearance some of my pants even have baggy areas now.ok so i go to goodwill i grab the same size ive always worn an 18 and i think o these will fit nicely and i bring them home and i put the suckers on and...they are not loose granted maybe 17 pounds ago they may not have fit ,but they are an 18 what gives and at this moment i am keeping myself from sabotage(eating in the kitchen)by staying on this site but i tell u people im a lil bit beyond irritated i have been working hard!!!!!!

Replies

• schaney24
    schaney24 Posts: 11
    Options
    That's really hard. I do that sabotage stuff too. It's so hard to break that habit. Sounds like you are doing great. Good for you for not eating the heck out of your kitchen!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I also shop Goodwill.....forget the sizes....you know what your doing....it is the scales that matter and how you feel about your self. I bet you could find some size 16 that fit and some size 20 that would be to small. Depends on what country they are made it. :)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Try not to let that define the rest of your day or what you are going to put in your mouth. remember those 17lbs came off all over your body not just your butt and thighs. You have done so well so far...you want those pants to be loose too so keep doing what you are doing. Losing weight is a journey not a trip:)
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    First congratulations on your weight loss and those inches. Every manufacture cuts pants differently. I have pants in my closet with 3 different sizes. They all fit but different sizes no less. The more expensive the pants the smaller size you will fit into . The cheaper the pants the larger the size. Why,:smile: I don't know have not figured that out yet. Don't let this mess you up continue what you have been doing.
  • shdo4457
    shdo4457 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done something similar, and you know what, those shorts/pants have probably been washes and shrunk and stretched and shrunk again! Or maybe even the store where they are from run small sizing. But I have been there and its not always correct so dont get discouraged!
  • kyndra87
    kyndra87 Posts: 20
    Options
    Don't get discourgaged...some retailers make clothing in different sizes and different cuts...I can go to JC Penny's and get a pair of pants that fit me perfectly but then go to Macy's and they fit totally different...don't let clothing decieve you...every brand is different...17 lbs is a huge accomplishment! Way to go!!!
  • deborahcatkins
    deborahcatkins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. We always want it gone immediately; just remember that how ever long it took you to lose the 17 lbs it took longer for you to gain them. It will take time, please don't sabotage your success stay strong. Go to the book store, the movies or for a walks. Talk to a positive friend, not about weight, anything but that. Remember all your world doesn't have to revolve around your weight goals.
  • deboyd5004
    deboyd5004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have that problem just going to Old Navy. A while back I bought a pair of 18s (of course didn't try them on), they were HUGE on me. Went back and traded for 16s...and I barely could fit my behind into them (If I bent over, they would have busted :) ) I agree that it totally depends on where and who makes them.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Sizes are arbitrary. The clothes you already own will tell the story. You have done really well so far, so keep it up!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your doing great! Don't let this bring you down. I have lost 20lbs. so far and my size 18 jeans I was wearing were getting too big. I dug in my closet and found some of my old jeans. The 2 size 16s fit me snuggly and the 1 size 18 that was there was too tight. So size really doesn't mean much in womens jeans, it depends on who makes them. Hang in there and keep doing what you were doing and next thing you know those new jeans will be falling off you.:heart:
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    NEED MORE WOMEN TO KICK THE MENS BUTTS ( MINE TO )

CHANGED IT INTO A WOMEN VS MEN % LOSS CHALLENGE AND NEED MORE WOMEN TO SHOW THE MEN UP

COME JOIN AND INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS. WE ARE GOING OFF %LOSS SO EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205113-men-lose-10-in-april-2011-challenge
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Please remember that one brands size 18 IS NOT another's brand. They can differ as much as an inch and half! Dont get discouraged with one pair of pants! You know your doing well, don't let this get to you!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You lost 17 lbs.!!!!! Don't let some tag define you
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Don't let it get to you, it's just a number on a tag and not all 18's are created equal! I have clothes that fit in size 20, 18 and 16 (but the 16's are a little tight) Just depends, you are losing weight and inches so obviously you are on the right track :-)
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone ,i really needed that encouragement.....so far so good and i havent stepped foot in the kitchen :)
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I actually have 5 pairs of size 24 pants that are all different measurements in the waist part. Measurements vary from 55 inches to 45 inches! So when I go to places that I dont want to try on clothes, i'd take a cloth measuring tape with me to meausre the waist part on the pant to see if i'll be able to wear it.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm a total of 17 lbs down too! Congrats! I am also in the same size I started in. I've gotten 1 pair of new pants in a smaller size, but I think it was a lucky fluke. Don't get discouraged. It's irritating, but you are doing awesome!
  • scottbowles
    Options
    Good, youre mad, use it .I get mad alot so I walk and think,.It's working for me,I started in jan,today at 306 pounds I walked 11 miles.Off course I worked up to that .But it's easy just,The pounds will fall off.Walk what you can at first,then push youre self.in jan I was 347 pounds.Also think of myfitnesspal as a game,you play a game to win right?youre walks,and youre exersize allow you more calories,so save some eat some.When I started I wanted more food so I drank only water that gave me 400 extra calories a day .plus once you get drinking water alot of you hunger will go away.Ithink there is something in every other drinks that makes people hungry.At 300 plus I new hunger.Now its gone 95% of the time.Remember its a game do what you have to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAB
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    thanks again guys ,o thats a good idea to measure the inside ..i might try that,and yes i do excercise for my additional calories at night lol..heck tonight we had family night out and had taco bell i wanted more but i ordered about 600 calories worth anyhow when i got home at almost 11 i was like crap im still hungry and i have 10 cals left so i went do to work out burned 224 calories so now im thinkin ok snack time ...but i will make a good choice not a fatty choice there are mushrooms and light ranch calling my name thanks guys its hard sometimes the 17 came off fairly easy but now it seems im stuck im sure its cuz i need more none processed foods in my diet so my goal next week is just that!!!!!
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the rise. I was once told I HAD TO participate in a fashion show- I was a size 8/10 in the clothes we had from the same brand. I was told what to get and tried to beg my way out if it- I could button nothing smaller than a 16! Any other pant in the store I could go 8/10, but my boss wanted me to model THAt one. I was nearly in tears. So bad for your self esteem to keep going up a size through 4 or 5 of the same pant. The rise was just too low for me. It was some kind of white novelty jean. Not for me :P