Ok to double up workouts one day to skip the next? (TurboFir

Options
I'm using Turbo Fire and sometimes when I know I won't have time to workout on a certain day, I'll double up and do todays workout along with the next days so I can skip the following day. I don't do HIIT workouts back to back, but will do a fire class and a sculpt, etc. Does anyone know if this makes a difference as far as weight loss goes? I've read that it's the weekly calories in and out that count and not the daily count, but I'm not sure if this is true?

Thanks for any help!

-Crystal

Replies

• Drthoman
    Drthoman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it isn't the weekly calorie counts that matter, it is the daily that matter
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    It doesn't really work like that ;) It's all about your day to day workouts and such
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    it isn't the weekly calorie counts that matter, it is the daily that matter

I disagree. I've taken the weekly approach, because life gets in the way some days and you simply DON'T have time to work out, or are in situations where you're unable to watch your diet as closely as you might like.
    I think as long as your weekly totals are fairly consistent, you'll be just fine.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    BUT doing those workouts together in one day isn't a bad idea.
  • turbo78
    turbo78 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks guys. I've been on the program for almost 4 weeks now and I've finished every single workout but I've had to re-arrange some of them or switch around my rest day a couple of times so far and I'm just hoping it doesn't hinder my weight loss! Following the exact schedule is hard sometimes! :smile:
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The important thing is that you are making the program work for your life. It's better to do it the way that you are doing it than to not do it at all. I have modified my schedule for TF as well to include Zumba class and a rest day every 3 days instead of every 6. It will take me a little longer to complete, but I can't imagine that it will have any effects on my overall results.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Well I'm no expert, just an Independent Team BeachBody Coach, and I have had some people that I coach ask me the same thing. I have also seen forum posts about it on the BeachBody site. Doubling up on them is not going to hinder your results, however, it is important that you are not taking too many rest days in between. You may not do a TurboFire class, but do something aerobic for at least 30 minutes. Also, make sure that you are not doubling up and then getting really sore. This will obviously increase water retention and make it a little harder for your body to repair quick enough.

But no sweat...there are days that I double up myself. I don't do the schedule spot on, I just make sure that I do complete each workout. So for example, the calendar has I believe Tuesday or Wednesday as a rest day..and mine ended up on Saturdays just due to missing one class here and doubling on another day, or my body was just tired, etc.

Just keep at it and keep consistent! You will see those results for sure!
  • Drthoman
    Drthoman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the reason i say it is the daily calorie count is because of this: you can't have 4500 calories in a day and then lower than 1200 the next day...your body goes into starvation mode and then your body stores it as fat! Isn't that what we are trying to get away from?