Foods with shocking amount of calories...?

Options

Replies

• wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    There is very little fast food thats per say low calorie. If you can leave a fast food restaurant in the US with 500 or less calories consumed you've pretty much performed a miracle. The Wendy's 1/2lb double i had for lunch was 770 calories. I was thinking it was another places double which was 550 :). Split a large fry with the spouse and your looking at 900 calories but there are burgers out there by themselves that are no more beefy then what i ate for lunch that are 1200-1600 calories sheesh. A triple thick McDonald's chocolate shake has the same sugar equivalent as 13 McDonald's hot apple pies.
  • scaryfairy81
    Options
    A milkshake at Hardee's has over 700 calories! Ridiculous! They must use an entire container of ice cream in each one haha.
  • BigMama53
    Options
    Yep, I was the poor sucker who ate that! Taught me a lesson to check first when eating out. :happy:
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at the 140 ish calories in a tablespoon of oil ( + 40 calories for a tablespoon of ketchup)... My 2 egg scramble in the morning just DOUBLED in calorie value... YUCK.
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Owww I have both spinach and mushrooms in the fidge! So making that for dinner tonight with grilled chicken!!! thanks for the suggestion.
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Humous, avocado, risotto!
    avocados are really good for you as well as hummus, in moderation of course!
    risotto, im with you on that one.
  • yeaah
    yeaah Posts: 34
    Options
    STRAWBERRIES.

I love strawberries, and yesterday I looked up the calories on them here - HOLY COW HOW LOW!!!!!! :D
    For a little packet, not the BIG one, its only like 150 calories. And strawberries are sooo yummy!

This summer for me it's all about the berries. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and ALL BERRIES :D
  • connamiragna
    Options
    Wow! Thats great! I was worried because I am getting a job at a kettle corn shop this summer. literally. I might need to buy some from myself sometime!
  • ishtar163
    ishtar163 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A while back, I went to Freddy's Frozen Custard and got the smallest concrete they had. I got home and looked it up...over 900 calories! I could've had like an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's! Needless to say, I probably will never go back.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats great! I was worried because I am getting a job at a kettle corn shop this summer. literally. I might need to buy some from myself sometime!

The 100 calorie bag mentioned is likely one of the low fat, mini bags of microwave kettle corn. I've also seen "lite" kettle corn that's 110 calories per cup and you can easily get up to a few hundred calories per cup with most commerciallly made kettle corns that are popped in oil and have much more sugar all over them.
  • nicolenoel
    nicolenoel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds Frappes! 680 (i think) for 24 oz? Crazy!
  • mjbonoan
    mjbonoan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was surpised by the amount of calories on what I considered a small pkg of "trail mix"... (it's just nuts and a few m & m's) ... 340 calories. Too many to ruin a day of good eating!!!
  • emourato
    emourato Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) I used to go to Applebee's alllll the time and was SHOCKED to find out their boneless wings appetizer is 1200 calories!!!! :noway:

2) I am stillll a big Starbucks drinker but researched the lowest calorie drinks... Their frappacinos get way up there! :drinker:
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I bought a small bag of these things called "Chunks of Energy" from the local co-op. Sounded healthy and they weren't overtly sweet. I went home to look for a recipe so I could make them myself and I nearly had a heart attack.

Sure, they're chunks of energy and have healthy ingredients, but SO many calories considering the main ingredients are peanut butter, honey and seeds.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Being that I am new to watching calories I have to say... EVERYTHING! I have been making the shocked pffffffft sound at the grocery store alot this week haha
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Those new mini reese's cups the really tiny ones? Yeah I picked up the king size bag that had maybe 20pcs in it... 340 and 43g of sugar!! I ate like 4 and threw out the bag because I was so disgusted and they were too sweet.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Quinoa! I read all of these recipes talking about how good it is for you and it is loaded with calories. Not worth it.

Quinoa doesn't have that many calories. A cup is around 625 calories, but that's probably 6-8 servings.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx
    This recipe is great. 3/4 cup of quinoa in this recipe says it's 10 servings, but that's a very small serving.
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Chickfila sauce....I knew that I was having a splurge meal, but 280 calories for two 1 ounce packets of sauce....I was thinking like 90, so yeah really had to bring it in p90x just so i could eat dinner today
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    There is very little fast food thats per say low calorie. If you can leave a fast food restaurant in the US with 500 or less calories consumed you've pretty much performed a miracle. The Wendy's 1/2lb double i had for lunch was 770 calories. I was thinking it was another places double which was 550 :). Split a large fry with the spouse and your looking at 900 calories but there are burgers out there by themselves that are no more beefy then what i ate for lunch that are 1200-1600 calories sheesh. A triple thick McDonald's chocolate shake has the same sugar equivalent as 13 McDonald's hot apple pies.

WOW 13 apple pies? And get this, I worked at Mcdonalds for EIGHT years. No wonder when I quit to go back to college I lost 20 pounds. You don't realize how eating just one meal on your break, 5 times a week, plus the endless medium coke's I would drink per shift. No wonder I'm so heavy STILL. I quit, lost some weight, then had 2 babies in 2 years, so I gained some more back. GOING TO LOSE IT THIS TIME I HOPE.
    Mcdonalds is evil... but its so fast, easy and good tasting sometimes. I swear they put crack in their coke. Its so addicting.
  • nicolenoel
    nicolenoel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yup, the shakes at Mcdonalds are crazy high in calories. You can get a Big Mac for the same or less calories. It's unreal how much calories these "drinks" have in them!