Night Time cravings

Options
I always always always seem to have food on my mind at night/before bed. I know i need to stop before i go to bed because that fat will fall on my hips. But are there any tips or suggestions to stop the late night snacking? i just did 30 minutes of cardio because i ate a stupid cupcake! but it was delicious! STOP STOP STOP!!!

Replies

• larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    protien shakes, it will help the cravings and your muscles, all in one
  • rpullen23
    Options
    i dont have protein powder..i have those slim fast shakes though...
  • susielarsson
    Options
    I don't know if I can give you any tips, but I can say that night time is the worst for me. My solution is to be outside taking the dog for a long walk. I will be too tired to eat afterwards. A new day awaits you.
  • kmitzell
    kmitzell Posts: 9
    Options
    Vitatops! Vitamuffins! see http://www.vitalicious.com and check out the chocolate ones. At 100 calories per muffin top (or 100 calories per deep chocolate muffin) + a dollop of cool whip free = delicious and so worth it!!! They have become my nighttime snack solution for months. Buy them in bulk and you'll get more bang for your buck. :) The less chocolately ones are delicious too!
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I read an article once that said a small bowl of high fiber cereal with milk or a serving of oatmeal was good for night time cravings. I've tried the oatmeal before and it seems to work pretty well :) I don't want anything else after I have it and it's only 150 calories.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    protien shakes, it will help the cravings and your muscles, all in one

I second this!
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Do you factor in a night time snack into your daily calories? It can really help to plan your diary ahead of time, including an evening snack :) That way you can still eat at night without going over your limit!
  • rpullen23
    Options
    I do use the left over calories in my diary to snack at night. thing is is that i crave all the wrong things. sweets sweets sweets! but I will go up on that cereal. special K with skim milk here i come! THEN IM DONE!!! thanks!

but like i asked before...can i use my slimfast shakes at night time instead of an actual protein shake? only has 10g of protein per serving.
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    buy the body fortress protien mix at walmart, its like 15 bucks mix with water and drink it, i make it into a shake with ice and water. its better that way. the slimfast has a lot of sugar and carbs.