*Sigh*

Options
lruff1987
lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
I can't stop snacking!! It's so annoying! I have this... insatiable appetite and I can't seem to fill up! It's been going on for a few weeks now. Ugh... what do I do???

Replies

• MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with snacking as long as it is the right kind of snacks. Foods high in protein will make you feel full longer.
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    what kinds of snacks are high in protein?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just like that. But try to figure out why you're snacking. Are you REALLY hungry? Or are you just bored? Do you need to drink more water? Sometimes thirst disguises itself as hunger. Are you short on a certain nutrient? When I'm low on protein and iron, I tend to snack a lot trying to fill up that nutritional need. Are you getting enough sleep? And finally, what is your daily calorie goal? Is it maybe too low?
  • lruff1987
    Options
    Well... I'm not eating HORRIBLE snacks... But I AM going over on my calories pretty much everyday. *deep sigh* haha... Being healthy is so frustrating sometimes!!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I tend to be super carb heavy in not only my snacking, but my meals too. I usually have both protein and fat left over - I snack on Turkey Pepperoni - 17 slices is about 70ish calories 4.5g of fat and 10g or protein! Plus since its individual slices it feels like you're eating more! :) I also eat light string cheese, and whole pickles. My other go-to snack is tea. You have to drink it slow and the warm liquid really fills me up. I like my tea with a little ff 1/2&1/2 and some sugar.

If all else fails maybe try putting in a favorite movie that will hold your attention, or playing a game etc.... Breaking snacking is tough! But if you can do it imagine how go you'll feel when you go to bed! Good luck!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've been doing ok for my calories, but I have noticed that when I do not sleep enough I am FAMISHED the following day and want to eat ALL DAY LONG. And even though I ususally eat healthy-ish snacks..... it's still eating.
    When I get enough sleep, I tend to eat 3 meals and healthy snacks (an orange, a banana, etc.) and do very well.
    Good luck,
    ~maddymama
  • lruff1987
    Options
    The lack of sleep thing might actually make sense... I haven't been sleeping well lately and I also have been going to bed really late. Hmm... I wonder if that's why I CAN'T STOP EATING.

Thanks guys! <3
  • cjwolfjen
    Options
    I've been doing ok for my calories, but I have noticed that when I do not sleep enough I am FAMISHED the following day and want to eat ALL DAY LONG. And even though I ususally eat healthy-ish snacks..... it's still eating.
    When I get enough sleep, I tend to eat 3 meals and healthy snacks (an orange, a banana, etc.) and do very well.
    Good luck,
    ~maddymama

Well I'm screwed then because I've just started this counting calories and eating right and I have two babies and one is only 4 months old and I DO NOT GET ENOUGH SLEEP EVER. AHHH
    LOL
  • SFH58
    SFH58 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey, I'm a big snacker too. I've found though that taking fiber supplements really help me have more of a "full" feeling throughout the day, so I'm not as likely to snack. You might want to try them too. I actually take the Fiber Advanced Gummies (2 a day) and they are really yummy!
  • Kft1983
    Kft1983 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fiber, Fiber, Fiber. Either snack on foods that are packed with it, or get some fiber pills. It has helped me a lot.
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    Chew gum!! It helps me. I want to eat all the time. And sometimes once I get started I won't stop. Usually it hits around 12, and again around 4. So I'll have lunch, chew gum, have a snack at 2, chew gum, have another small snack at 4, chew gum while I make dinner so I don't pick at what I'm eating, have dinner at around 6. Make sure u get sugarless gum if u try it...I just recently started this and so far it's helping. I'm breastfeeding so I have to try and eat every two hours because that's what my body tells me to do lol.

Also sip water throughout the day, and don't let yourself get hungry.
  • cjwolfjen
    Options
    Fiber, really?? I have fiber tablets that I used to take when pregnant, the chewable kinds. So taking a few a day will help me feel full??
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    what kinds of snacks are high in protein?

Nuts, peanut butter, jerky, yogurt, eggs, low fat cottage cheese, sardines, oatmeal.

I just got home a short while ago and was quite hungry, but had few calories left for the day. The Greek Yogurt I opted for has 17g of protein and is very filling for 120 calories.