My NSV's!!!

Options
Figured I'd post a few of these and if anyone else want to, feel free to post up yours.

Going from a size 40 to a 36 waist pant.
Having to put 2 more notches in my belt (I think I may put a 3rd tomorrow- I refuse to buy a new belt!)
Fitting so much better into my clothes (because they don't have to go over the big belly anymore)
Being able to work out without keeling over (And the fact that I am now doing Insanity!)
No longer fitting into my UFC zippered hoodie because it looks like I'm wearing a tent!! (although I'm real upset about this one- I LOVE THAT JACKET!!!)

And last but not least- a friend of mine gave me 2 bags of clothes when he lost all his weight. I fit into most of the clothes, however there were 2 button down shirts that looked great, however were too tight to wear. I hung them in the closet and vowed that I would wear them someday. Well I finally drug one out of the closet lastnight...and it fits!!! Although, it is now almost too big :noway: So it looks as though I may be paying it forward and redonating these clothes to someone else!!!

Let;s hear your NSV's...post up!!!

Replies

• MoonGurl1985
    Options
    Wow ! you are doing amazing ! Good for you !:happy:
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I rode a bike for the first time in years today! Not only did I ride it but I got in 7.2 miles. I am about to buy a belt for my pants because I am tired of tugging at them. I can walk up the stairs at work without stopping at every floor and having a coughing fit and to rest. Last (that I can think of) but not least...... I may have to buy a new swim suit because if I don't it may fall down and then I will flash everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    NSVs rock...because it's nice to notice those other things besides the numbers on the scale. Good job on your "non scale victories!"

My NSV for this week: I used to take Zumba in the fall and there were a few of us "regulars" that got to know each other pretty well...I wasn't doing any other working out and wasn't eating healthy then. Took a few months off to hibernate, started working out VERY hard and totally changed my diet this past 6 weeks. Started going back to Zumba and last week I ran into one of the old "regulars" at classThursday night...she did a double take when she saw me (I've only dropped about 11 pounds total but definitely inches and look much more fit than I used). That was so awesome :)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Nice topic...
    Here's mine: Fitting into a size 8 (haven't done that since high school), no rolls of fat on my back when Im just standing there. Putting on last summers clothes and having to take them off again and put them in the donation bag. Darn now I gotta go shopping:bigsmile:
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    thats great!! I actually took some pictures yesterday and didnt delete all the ones I was in =) not only that, but I liked them all! Big NSV for me =)
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I rode a bike for the first time in years today! Not only did I ride it but I got in 7.2 miles. I am about to buy a belt for my pants because I am tired of tugging at them. I can walk up the stairs at work without stopping at every floor and having a coughing fit and to rest. Last (that I can think of) but not least...... I may have to buy a new swim suit because if I don't it may fall down and then I will flash everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this one...No wardrobe malfunctions please... go get that new suit! Now that I can suddenly jog on the treadmill, I find I am enjoying that too, but need to get a bike!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My NSV's: I completed walking my first 5k this morning.
    My pants are too big everywhere, but especially in the butt and tummy area. (still waiting on them to slide over my hips)
    I tooks pics befores and current...and could actually tell a slight difference!

congrats to all of you for yours! Keep it up!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    LOVE your list!

Mine includes:

Buying new bras (good and bad to that)
    Fitting into single digit sized pants
    Being able to work out longer/harder than my friend who is 10 years younger than me
    Making healthy food choices automatically, without trauma or drama
    Buying cute work out clothes
    Upper arm definition
    Almost flat tummy
    More energy
    Better sex
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wash that hoodie in hot water, and dry it in a hot dryer. Maybe you can make it small enough to fit you?:laugh:

But promise not to be mad :explode: if the sleeves are too short when you're done.
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Belt is now on the last notch.. Almost had to get a bigger belt before I started.

Pulled the third pair of pants I haven't been able to fit in for more than 3 yrs, they fit!

Two weeks ago I pulled a jacket out of the closet that my wife bought for me 2 Christmases ago, now fits!

Yesterday pulled out of the closet my first leather jacket I ever bought and it now fits and is starting to seem baggy!

Today worked out for the majority of my workout inside my target heart rate, most of the time only get 5 mins out of 30 inside.

People at work who see me every day still are commenting on how much weight I've lost..

At the point now where I feel like I can go to a gym and not be the severly overweight guy having a heart attack on the first piece of equipment he touches!

Sex for my wife and I is notably more enjoyable! See is on this mission with me too and doing great!

Back pain is quickly getting better.

I can walk up to and over 5 miles a day again inside my store without being exhausted by the end of the day..
  • kamae
    kamae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just went to San Antonio for a conference, stayed at the Hyatt and used the hotel gym 3 times in 3 days. I've never even SEEN the inside of a hotel gym before!! :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    1. From 10x shirts to a medium.
    2. Shopping in any damn store I want to.
    3. Fitting into movie theatre seats.
    4. Going to any restaurant instead of avoiding the ones with booths because couldn't fit in those either.
    5. Was barely able to walk to the end of my driveway to get the mail to logging 100 miles walked last month.
    6. HEALTHY! HEALTHY! HEALTHY! was taking 15 different medications daily. Now take one.
    7. My personal trainer (who is in his 20's and a cutie) was checking out my 50 year old butt last week.
    8. BMI from 77 to 32.
    9. Having people at the gym ask me, the former fat chick, for advice on weight loss and exercise.
    10. Being alive!!!!

And those are just the top 10. This is so hard but so worth it.
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome.

Some of my NSV:
    ~Being able to fit in old/smaller bras
    ~ being able to fit in my German size 40 pants (was a size 44)
    ~Being able to feel my hip bones
    ~ My calves feel rock solid :)
    ~ I can do 7 pushups in a row (used to be able to do zero)
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I went to a birthday party today where I saw people I have literally not seen since high school and got the comment "You look exactly the same" It felt pretty good.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I went to a birthday party today where I saw people I have literally not seen since high school and got the comment "You look exactly the same" It felt pretty good.
    I had the opposite, went to a family reunion last year, saw people who hadn't seen me in 5 years, they didn't recognize me-- my own family didn't know who I was!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Awesome job everyone. It's very motivational to read about everyones success stories! Keep them coming!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    So I gave my Dad my UFC jacket (it was hard to part with it...I really want to order a new one!!!) And today at work, a fellow employee came back from an extended vacation (over 2 months), and he said to his wife "Did you see Mike? He slimmed down." Her reply...."Where is he? I didn't see him." And when he pointed me out.."I would never have recognized him!!!" So cool!!!
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    I ran 28 minutes straight today for the first time since 1990 when I graduated Marine Corps Boot Camp at Paris Island. :smile:

I also took back two pairs of Jeans from my son because they had gotten too tight, but now fit again. :smile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Nice thread idea!!!

My NSV: I met my mini goal #2 yesterday (I am down into the 50's) which I haven't been since my junior year in high school (10 years ago). Also, I can get size 12's on, buttoned, and they fit good.

You are doing a great job. Keep it up!!!
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    Great thred - I needed this to remind myself its not all about a magic scale number!

My NSV - I ran 6.5km (including hills) with my cousin who is a competitve age group champ triathlete
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!