Clean HCG diet lunch recipes?

kittynurse
kittynurse Posts: 57
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hello all. I've hit a plateau and am combining Dr. Junger's Clean program with a homeopathic version of HCG and the HCG diet. This is my last day of HCG Phase 1 and I cannot tell you how excited I am to cut back on the calories after the last 2 days! I'm looking for very simple recipes or just ideas for lunch. For those of you unfamiliar with one or both of these plans, I basically need a low fat, low calorie, low carb, high protein, hypoallergenic lunch. I'm at a loss and am looking at vegetarian lunch items, but they seem to all either contain soy or wheat or be way heavy on the starches. Any insights will be greatly appreciated (except those expressing negative opinions about the HCG diet; there are countless places outside of my thread for that energy to be directed :). Thank you!

Replies

• jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    May I ask what you mean by a homeopathic version of the diet? Not negative, but I've read a lot about it and haven't heard of a homeopathic version. Just curious, and I do get the science behind the process in it. Thanks!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    My husband and I are both half way through Phase II of the hcg diet. My favorite meal to eat is 3.5 oz organic boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in balsamic vinegar with minced garlic added to it. We grill the chicken (using a George Forman Grill) with absolutely NO oils. We add to the meal 1 cup of fresh vegie such as organic cucumber and an organic apple. We also make sure to include 2 melba toast (any but the sesame seed). We have also just discovered a wonderful low calorie, low fat, low carb pasta...Shirataki pasta noodles. This meal equates to 288 calories with the pasta included.
  • idahogirl71
    jmhigg ~ the homeopathic version is the drops rather than the shots. There is both good and bad said about them as with any other diet or weight loss protocol. My hubby and I are also doing the drops and they work great. I have lost 8 pounds on them so far and my husband has lost 30. I had reached a plateau just as I was starting the drops so my weight loss is not as rapid as his.
  • May I ask what you mean by a homeopathic version of the diet? Not negative, but I've read a lot about it and haven't heard of a homeopathic version. Just curious, and I do get the science behind the process in it. Thanks!

You didn't come across as negative, and thank you for respecting my request :) The homeopathic version is the kind that is dispensed in a dropper rather than by injection. There's some new-age sounding explanation for the way it works "energetically" (of which I'm actually quite fond, but completely incapable of doing justice in trying to explain, so please pardon my tongue-in-cheek mockery). The short version is that the drops don't actually work by pumping a bunch of hormone into your system (which is also why the drops don't do the pregnancy test thing I keep hearing about, regardless of whether or not they are "real"). I hope that can at least point you in the direction of a thorough explanation :)
  • We have also just discovered a wonderful low calorie, low fat, low carb pasta...Shirataki pasta noodles. This meal equates to 288 calories with the pasta included.

Shirataki noodles are my favorite! There's a recipe on the back of either the angel hair or the fettucini for "alfredo" noodles that is spectacular but not appropriate for what I'm doing to break this plateau :( Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try your perfectly simply chicken :)
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks for the explanation! I did know that there were drops, but I didn't realize that it was a separate thing from the shots. I have PCOS and am working on getting my hormones squared away with a whole host of supplements and things, and I'm wary of trying this diet because of it. I have seen so many great success stories, and the science makes sense to me. I am thinking about giving it a try once my body is doing what it's supposed to - I'm going back to my endo in June for another hormone panel to see where I stand now, and once it levels out and gets back into a normal range, I'm considering this as an option. I appreciate it, and good luck! :)
  • LP4me
    LP4me Posts: 27
    IMO...any "diet" that you consume SOoooo few calories, you will lose alot of weight fast. Have you seriously researched this before starting it. I see many articles and reports of Doctors saying this is not healthy and that you may be losing muscle as well as fat. (I am not medically trained in any way.)

I wish you well and I hope you have researched this "diet".
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Shrimp cooked in bacon grease served over baby greens with feta & macadamias. Low cal, VERY satiating! Or just cut down to the shrimp in the bacon grease or you could also use coconut oil. Both delicious, healthy fats when used appropriately.

Scallops are phenomenal too.
  • IMO...any "diet" that you consume SOoooo few calories, you will lose alot of weight fast. Have you seriously researched this before starting it. I see many articles and reports of Doctors saying this is not healthy and that you may be losing muscle as well as fat. (I am not medically trained in any way.)

I wish you well and I hope you have researched this "diet".

I'm a nurse, and my doctor actually suggested I use the brand I bought because he is taking it with great success (lest there be any confusion, he didn't sell it to me; he had no vested interest in my buying it). Low calorie diets do indeed cause weight loss; if they didn't, no one would use them. This is a plateau-breaker for me, not a lifestyle. I eat very healthily and excercise almost compulsively. Any time you lose weight you are losing muscle in addition to fat; if you do it right and take steps to simultaneously build muscle, however, you lose more muscle than fat. I'm actually just looking for tips on things to cook while I'm doing this, but thank you for your concern!
  • LP4me
    LP4me Posts: 27
    I hope you took my comments as concern only, I wasn't trying to be mean or to judge you in any way. I am glad that you are informed. I hope it works well for you.
  • idahogirl71
    My doctor also recommended that I do this. I love it and feel great!! I was truly skeptical in fear that I would become lightheaded or dizzy and not have the strength to get through the day. Much to my surprise that is definitely not the case!!

Kittynurse ~~ how are you liking the protocol so far?? I only have 15 days left of Phase II and it broke my plateau so I know it works for that :).
This discussion has been closed.