"I have bad taste in music."

This was the topic of conversation over lunch today with my husband and two of our coolest friends. I drew facepalms from all three of them when i mentioned that i have owned no less than SIX Hanson albums.

am i the only person in the world who has no problem with liking music that's just generally bad/unpopular?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Hanson recorded 6 albums?
  • Hanson recorded 6 albums?

LOL Exactly!
  • No...I'll admit I like the Jonas Brothers...crazy I know...but you are not alone. :drinker:
  • Hanson recorded 6 albums?

That's what I was thinking. :tongue:
    Just embrace it!!
  • MandiPandi757
    MandiPandi757 Posts: 28 Member
    Had no idea that they recorded 6 albums.....LOL!
  • no you are not! i like all kinds of music and i don't care who thinks what about it! my ipod holds everything from mozart to slipknot to new kids on the block to billie holiday to frank sinatra and a whole lot in between including a large collection of rap and r&b. music is subjective and everyone has an opinion! so like what you like and ______ the naysayers (LOL! I will let you fill in the blank!!)

to music! :drinker:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    lmao i didn't know they recorded that many either...wow

I'm ashamed to say I have a thing for Britney
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Umm I have bad taste in music too
    I love hair bands
    I love the 80s
    I love Hanson, MiliVanilli, NKOTB and oh so many more
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    they've actually recorded like 10 albums. but, yes. lol and i'm not looking specifically for Hanson fans. just people who aren't afraid to admit to their own bad taste.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Well.. see... most people know about maybe 4 Meat Loaf albums... I have 13.... Weird Al... I've got.. I dunno lots of his but far from all of them.... Nelson (since you mentioned 80's) I have I think 4 of theirs.... Roxette...3 or 4.... And I have tons of albums in general, around 300 before I stopped buying albums for one or two songs that I actually liked off of them and just buy the song I like from iTunes or similar services.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Bon Jovi is my secret favorite band. I :heart: them.

I am totally 100% DIGGING Brittney Spears new album..well at least the three songs I bought and I want to buy the rest.

I like Justin Beiber too.

It is what it is. LOL.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    I have a few 'guilty pleasures' in my music arsenal, I'll admit it ;) I have a few Backstreet Boys and NSync songs on my iPod and I am also guilty of liking some of Britney's songs.