spray tans for stretch marks?

CuteMommy88
CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
so my tummy is completely covered in stretch marks from pregnancy, i have tried every single cream under the sun, i have even tried a derma roller and nothing has helped...so I am just wondering would a spray tan hide the stretch marks???? I mean i love spray tans but i havent had one in over two years so i have no idea if it would actually help to hide my stretch marks?? anyone have any advice for me???

Replies

• CuteMommy88
    if anyone has any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Don't know about spray tans but I've tried the tanning lotions and they just make the stretch marks more prominent :sad:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    Have you tried mederma? I haven't yet- am not sure if I am spelling it right but I have heard it does wonders and plan to get some. I had a C Section and I am hoping it will help with my scars and my stretch marks. I would think a spray tan would cover it but I have never tried it. It's a good idea for something temporary though. Good luck! Your baby is ADORABLE!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • I have really bad stretch marks on my stomach too & have had a spray on tan, also use the tanning lotions. It helps a lil but its still very noticeable. Tanning outside helps lighten them up tho. Mine use to be pink & purple & since I started laying out at the beach they have lightened up alot. But they will never go completely away unless you have the skin surgically removed and have skin graphs done. I have heard the laser scar removal works pretty good, but they will still be there, just not as noticeable.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    I have no idea but for 25 bucks it may be worth a try to see. The spray on tans only last a week so if it does not work then no big deal if it does then I would go for the lotions that last longer since you can put that on any time you want and do the upkeep yourself. Cheeper and more convieniant.
  • Spray tans might camouflage a bit. I have used mosturizer with self tanner in it and it does seem to camouflage. I also like that is moisturizes as well. I have heard that fish oil pills help lubricate on the inside. Hope that helps
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    I've read posts where ppl say that going 2 tanning beds (before a trip 2 the beach for ex.) makes them less visible...
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    mederma, bio oil, cocoa butter. I have heard of good results with these items. They will help fade the marks. A spray tan will just cover, and I am not sure it will even do that. Might be just a waste of money.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah, tanning beds helped mine too but they're never totally gone.
  • purr1616
    purr1616 Posts: 5 Member
    i have stretch marks all over my thighs and stomach and have used every remedy under the sun, but i swear by fake tan!
    it doesnt completely hide everything but everything just looks so much better with it.
    if your tempted to DIY then i would suggest a mousse rather than a cream as they dry quicker and it wont crease and make stretch marks worse.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I go regular tanning and use a product called Save My Skin.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I plan on trying it this summer. I heard it doesn't make them them disappear but that it will help blend them in, so unless someone is really staring at you, you can't tell. I figure its worth a try.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    I'm nowhere NEAR needing anything to help stretch marks on my tummy but my thighs and inner arms would do good with some TLC. I was wondering about tanning too and I might just have to invest. A local place around here (Sonoma County, CA) has $19/mo unlimited tanning at their 2 locations.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    I dont know about spray tanning but real tanning helped mine leaps and bounds (I had watermelon tummy when I was pregnant ugh! I didnt know you could have a stretch mark START at your belly button till then) But even before I started tanning Ifell in love with Bio Oil, Pricey but it helps!
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    I've done spray tans and I do think it helps camouflage my stretch marks there. Have you ever heard of the fraxel laser? It's the up and coming thing to get rid of stretch marks. There have been some amazing results pairing that with thermoflage (I think that's what it's called.) Both things have to be performed at a plastic surgeons office or a doctors office who is trained in using these techniques. They won't be gone completely, but it will be very hard to see them. I'm going to wait until I'm done having children to do any of this though because it's so expensive.
  • CuteMommy88
    Thanks for all the input!! I have looking into laser and i had an appointment for a consultation but I had to cancel it because i was planning on using my tax returns to pay for it and now i am not getting back as much as i expected and i will be using the money that money for tuition this summer :( ----I have tried self tanning lotions and they didnt really help but I am wondering if a spray tan would work any better...I think it may be worth the money to actually try it because if it helps enough for me to feel comfortable with my body it would be totally worth it (atleast in the summer time)
  • Suntancity.com has a free coupon for a sunless tan. Im going to try it with my stretch marks and see. Im very very pale.. I am a redhead. My son is a year old now and my stretch marks are still pink. I just want the shades to match.. We'll see. Crossing my fingers.
This discussion has been closed.