I'd like a refund please

Options
Do you ever wish you could get a refund on calories consumed, especially when the food was gross? After working another 11 hour day, I still had to drive home, grocery shop at two different stores, carry in groceries in the rain and make dinner before I could finally eat at 8 pm. So to tide myself over I figured a snickers couldn't be THAT bad for me, even got dark chocolate thinking maybe it would be slightly less calories. Ha, no, it was hard as a rock, hurt my teeth, didn't taste like much AND I wasted 250 calories and 13 grams of fat!!! Who do I see about getting a refund on those calories?:sad:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Do you ever wish you could get a refund on calories consumed, especially when the food was gross? After working another 11 hour day, I still had to drive home, grocery shop at two different stores, carry in groceries in the rain and make dinner before I could finally eat at 8 pm. So to tide myself over I figured a snickers couldn't be THAT bad for me, even got dark chocolate thinking maybe it would be slightly less calories. Ha, no, it was hard as a rock, hurt my teeth, didn't taste like much AND I wasted 250 calories and 13 grams of fat!!! Who do I see about getting a refund on those calories?:sad:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did that with a fast food burger a few months ago. I didnt think to ask for a calorie refund!!!!:laugh:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Some one at work yesterday got a bunch of sugar cookies with the thick frosting and everything on them. I thought...how bad can one small little piece be? I took one bit and thought....ok, that really isnt that good so I threw the rest away. Not a refund, more of a refusal to accept delivery. :laugh: :laugh: If your going to cheat ALWAYS MAKE IT WORTH IT!!

LOL!!

Ali
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If you didn't like it from the first bite why did you continue? :tongue:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    After work we had beers, I could afford those, but the fried crips I ordered along with bbq, ranch, and some other sauce I cannot remember....I would like a refund for those...disgusting.
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    But you CAN get a refund on those wasted calories! It's called exercise!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Some one at work yesterday got a bunch of sugar cookies with the thick frosting and everything on them. I thought...how bad can one small little piece be? I took one bit and thought....ok, that really isnt that good so I threw the rest away. Not a refund, more of a refusal to accept delivery. :laugh: :laugh: If your going to cheat ALWAYS MAKE IT WORTH IT!!

LOL!!

Ali

lol how true, how true!:laugh:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Well lets see, refund?? Is it double coupon day???
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    cause we're human?:huh: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Well lets see, refund?? Is it double coupon day???
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

I find when I am near the slippery slope and don't back away and end up at the store or a fast food place....by the time I get home I SO WISH I could drop everything back off for a $$$ refund before I even eat it.....I do throw it away often but realize how much money is wasted...yes, better than a binge... but still ....well come to think of it that is HUGE progress, not eating it but now to stop buying it only to toss it:blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :sad:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options

Exactly.....honestly, I don't think it was a conscious decision to keep eating it.....I just kept doing it. I think making my tummy stop rumbling was my main priority.
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    But you CAN get a refund on those wasted calories! It's called exercise!:drinker:

Uh, yeah not after an 11 hour work day and a week that has been beyond mentally draining.
  • disobedientmeek
    Options

Exactly.....honestly, I don't think it was a conscious decision to keep eating it.....I just kept doing it. I think making my tummy stop rumbling was my main priority.

This IS a learning process - good on you for even thinking about it - till a week ago i ate everything I wanted when ever I wanted [I didnt even know the basics] but im here to learn and to change and if it is hard at the start then so be it - rome wasnt built in a day .............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm snickers
  • AdreaDawn
    Options
    If you worked that hard, you already got your exercise! :drinker:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

This IS a learning process - good on you for even thinking about it - till a week ago i ate everything I wanted when ever I wanted [I didnt even know the basics] but im here to learn and to change and if it is hard at the start then so be it - rome wasnt built in a day .............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm snickers

Exactly! I didn't mean it as a snarky comment at all. I meant it as something to think about. It is a HUGE learning process, and hopefully next time if you're not enjoying it and it's not worth it you can think back and remember this feeling and throw it out!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yea, I hear ya.....lot of times it's after the fact that our mind processes it ...not always during...:noway:
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ROFLMBO...Does that work for Cheese burgers also??
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    ROFLMBO...Does that work for Cheese burgers also??

HAHA I wish :drinker: