How do you feel when...

Options
How do you feel when you go into a clothing store and try on something that is your size, but can't fit into it?

Replies

• Mamakmb
    Mamakmb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bummed. terrible
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I don't even know my size. All the pants makers can't decide what number to put on pants. I can wear 8, 10, and 12 and have them each be tight, just right, or so loose they fall off.

Wish I knew my size :(
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hate it I refuse half the time to go shopping.
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    I know how you all feel, well today I went to go look for a different dress for on because I wasn't really feeling the other one and this beautiful dress I really wanted the only problem I had was it wouldn't zip up in the back. I was soo sad. I wanted to cry.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i try not to let it bother me. clothing manufacturers do not seem to be able to agree on sizes, even within the same clothing label. so i go and find the next size up if need be. the number on the tag is just that...a number. i know it's easier said than done, but don't let it bother you. sure as you lose weight, seeing those numbers go down is nice, but...if you obsessed over numbers at your biggest size, you will obsess at your smallest. it's a vicious cycle, always thinking, oh i wish i could fit into the next size down. or these pants should fit the same as the ones i was wearing, but omg, they are too tight, i must have gained weight. positive thinking is all you need. if clothes don't fit...don't curse your body, curse the designers who can't make up their mind on sizes!!! i watch a lot of What Not To Wear, and i love their attitude about this.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I've cried when I can't fit into a size that I thought was my size. Its a horrible feeling. Sometimes I refuse to even try on a bigger size. I personally think I just have to get over the number and be happy with the way I look, not what size I fit into.
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It makes me completely misserable. I can be in such a happy mood when I start shopping, and so depressed after just one store.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    sad. I actually get nervous when trying on clothes. I usually go a size bigger than normal to avoid that it cannot fit feeling.
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Being a guy, I already feel aweful having to go inside a clothing store regardless of my sizes.

Now that I'm losing weight I have another excuse not to go shopping: I might lose more weight and those expensive clothes wouldn't fit me in a few months time, would they?

Haha...

I have my moments when I have a clothes shopping spree. If my wife is there, she'll encourage me to go all the way, as it's quite rare haha.