Shopping!

DjBliss05
DjBliss05 Posts: 682
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have been in plus sizes as long as I can remember and am currently in a size 18. Lane Bryant and Torrid have been the only stores that I can find clothes that I like enough to wear and are pretty much the only places I have shopped.

I can't wait to be in smaller sizes (hopefully a size 10 some day) so that I can buy all the clothes that I have admired from afar!

What store will be your first stop when you get to goal weight?

Mine will be a Betsy Johnson boutique! Love her clothes, they are so fun. And next will be a bebe store, just cuz I will be able to! :glasses:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    So I have been in plus sizes as long as I can remember and am currently in a size 18. Lane Bryant and Torrid have been the only stores that I can find clothes that I like enough to wear and are pretty much the only places I have shopped.

I can't wait to be in smaller sizes (hopefully a size 10 some day) so that I can buy all the clothes that I have admired from afar!

What store will be your first stop when you get to goal weight?

Mine will be a Betsy Johnson boutique! Love her clothes, they are so fun. And next will be a bebe store, just cuz I will be able to! :glasses:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I'm headed for Bikini Villiage and La Senza this spring :embarassed: I need some honeymoon attire!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    It has been so long since I had the money or/& have been skinny... I don't even know where to shop. The last place I bought clothes was Goodwill. (takes care of the money issue especially when your size keeps changing). I don't even know what stores are good in Central Oregon and I'm not sure what size I am now... I know my size 10s are loose or the weird ones now fit.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Since I have lost 30lbs (prior to MFP) I shop soooo much more my husband says this is the downfall of me losing weight but its better than me complaining that nothing fits-- Now Im trying to get to my new goal- which my friends and family dont support but to hell with them I want to see if I can do it for myself-- anyway I love going to all the stores I enjoy shopping for anything lol- But I think I will get more into shopping when I get my mommy makeover and im gonna buy me some extremely fitted clothes and strut myself all over town-- and by a sexy bikini for the summer thats my goal nice and stringy (wouldnt be caught dead in a string bikini now) but thats what Im gonna buy a super sexy bikini who knows which store its in
  • My mom and dad recently offered to buy me an entire outfit for my up coming birthday, since I have recently lost weight. (...and apparently nearly ALL of my clothes are a bit loose fitting these days). The kicker is...that I got to pick from my favorite store---which is Ann Taylor! I haven't been able to afford the clothes since before baby, so I was very excited. About an hour later (it was so hard to choose one complete outfit comprised of slacks, shirts, jacket and shoes. The kicker is, I got a pair of 2's (OMG, I haven't seen a 2 since high school)...

I can't wait until my birthday, hopefully I will get some extra cash and buy more figure flattering clothes!

89374.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I can't wait either. I was doing so good. But now, I am in the bad eating habits again.

ATKINS!!!!! Where are you!!!!!

I think I stress eat.

I went on vacation this week, beach trip, it was the bomb!!!!

But now I am back. I have done great today though!!!

Here is what's on my plate.

I have power of attorney of my estranged father. Whoe is now in jail. I have to handle all his money management due to his wife being a total basket case.

My mom has some frontal lobe brain damage nad she is naming me as her power of attorner, living will executer and executer of her estate in the will.

Now, my sister is in a depression due to her son dying last November. And I know she is sad, I am too. I loved my nephew, but she has turned her depression into rudness and anger...... no need to go there with that conversation.

So gee, can I have a life please???

When can I do this for me???
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Well thi smay sound complitly nerdy and geeky. I'm kinda going on a diet so I can fit for a convention. An Anime convention.. I have this adorable dress that I have my eye on. It'll be soo much easier to have fun and walk around the different spots when you're not carring a extra thirty pounds!:laugh:

yhst-19248590140464_2025_4335712
    We the convention cosplayers are the bravest bunch. Will to run around downtown Toronto (Ontario, Canada) In the wakiest of outfits!!

For the summer I'm really looking forward to a new bathing suit..........I might get adventurous and look for a bikini too:bigsmile:
  • I would just go to Nordstroms and go crazy. Everything that I can squeeze myself into just looks awful. I can't wait to be able to wear something in the single digit sizes.
This discussion has been closed.