Spicy Coconut Chicken Curry.... 165 Cal!

Options
vichick20
vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
I absolutely love coconut curry, but it usually has lot's of fat and calories. I found this recipe online for coconut curry soup and it was AMAZING! I made it with 2 serrano peppers, and it was a little too spicy so I suggest using only 1 (I am definitely going to use 1 next time). Here it is! Hopefully you like it as much as I did.

Ingredients:
4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup water
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 serrano chili peppers, minced.... (like I said above, I would only use 1 unless you LOVE the heat)
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste... (I used Thai kitchen brand)
1 tbsp peeled fresh ginger, grated
1 cup light reduced fat coconut milk
1/2 red onion, sliced and chopped thin
1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 tbsp Asian fish sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 fresh lime, sliced into wedges
Combine the broth, water, garlic, chili peppers, curry paste, and ginger in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Pour the broth through a colander into a large bowl. Set the broth aside, discarding the solids left in the colander.

Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk to the original saucepan; bring to a boil. Add the onion, reducing the heat to medium-high; cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has evaporated (3-5 minutes). Add the chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink, approximately 4-6 minutes.

Stir in the broth mixture, fish sauce, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and the lime juice. Cook, stirring as needed, until the soup is hot, about 4 minutes.Divide soup into 4 bowls. Sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.

SERVES 4 BASED ON 1 1/2 CUPS PER PERSON
Calories 165; Fat 5 grams; Sodium 1,130 gram

6097076.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Will have to give this a try this coming week.

Maybe I'll even use shrimp for the protein. Yummmm
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    YUM thanks for sharing
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds super yummy! :)
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This sounds heavenly. I need to spice up the doldrums of my carrot laiden world. Thanks!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I am making a similar one today, recipe from Epicurious. As a side dish, I am making Aloo Gobi (Aarti from Food Network's recipe)