Kick my A** for me PLEASE

Options
Went out to dinner tonight with my mother and daughter. They wanted Mexican so I had chicken fajitas. NOW I am really paying for it, my gall bladder is KILLING me. Somebody please kick me in the a** for being so crazy with my eating tonight. My gall bladder has not bothered me 1 X since starting this journey 2 months ago..now looks like Pepto is going to be my best friend for a few hours until this pain goes away!

Replies

• Ulfgard
    Ulfgard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Let the a** kicking commence! It's ok - we all have those days. ;)
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Well I think the pain will be a good enough punishment :) -- I have a similar story.. Until I started this journey I had to take malox and sometimes pepcid complete and tums just to sleep through the night on almost a regular basis.. aka every freakin night.. and if I didn't.. or "forgot" I would wake up approx 3 hours after I went to sleep and about puke.... now since I've been eating good.. not a single time have I had to take any stomache meds.. not once.. and even a couple times I had some items that would have tore me up in the past.. like some red sauce on pasta.. and one night when I was out with the guys.. I even had some buffalo wings..

I'm lovin this.. and I keep all that in my head as just some additional motiviation that if nothing else ever happens.. the freedom from meds to sleep through the night is worth it..

Hope you get to feel better soon.. pain is always pain and never pleasant ...
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Pepto helps?

I get an attack when I have too much protein or animal fat, or when I'm losing too much weight and my liver dumps a pile of cholesterol.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Pepto helps?

I get an attack when I have too much protein or animal fat, or when I'm losing too much weight and my liver dumps a pile of cholesterol.

YES it is the only thing that helps my gall bladder attacks! It can get so bad it is my entire chest area (u know where I mean) and all the way around my back. It may take 3-4 doses but it does stop it eventually. Nothing else I have taken works at all for this pain.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like your *kitten* is already kicking you!

Seriously though...feel better soon and get back on the horse tomorrow.
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm sorry! :( My mom has bad attacks as well and she eats yogurt to ease the pain, although some people say NO MILK. But it helps my mom. I read that drinking apple cider vinegar in a glass of apple juices ( room temp) works wonders and quickly. If your juice is cold, nuke it for a few secs. It also said if you have no juice just use the cider w/ water.
    Hope you feel better.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I agree, no need for anyone to kick as you are in such pain, already! Hope you feel better, soon!