Losing weight for wedding?

Options
My weight-loss journey will be a lifestyle change, and it will continue far beyond my wedding, but I AM trying to lose quite a bit of weight before my wedding in October. I'm not trying to make short-term changes to just lose weight for October. Rather, I'm trying to make lifestyle changes that will continue beyond my wedding...

...but in the meantime, quite frankly, I want to lose weight so I look gorgeous for my wedding!

Anyone else on a similar journey?
It's a little tough when there is a time line that I feel absolutely cannot be failed. I definitely have a "big picture" view of my weight-loss, but at the same time, I have a short term goal that is very important.

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    yes and no. I am not about to get married but i want to be pretty in a pair of jeans i have had for two years. they fit on me but they are super tight. You want to look special on your wedding day and be fit past that. I want to look nice in a pair of jeans and be fiit past that. yes your wedding is a much bigger thing then my jeans but still. i understand what you mean.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    Yes I am trying to lose weight for my self, but now I can add the Wedding day to it and of course our life together in Holy Matrimony.....We just engaged about 2wks ago and haven't even set a date....BUT that's becoming my newest goal-setter.
  • tucc
    tucc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also on a weight loss journey and like you have the motivation of wanting to lose weight before my wedding in February next year. And whilst I have the short term goal of losing weight for my wedding I am also losing weight and making changes to my life for the next phases of my life as well.

Having the short term goal has certainly helped get things going and hopefully I can keep up the momentum and motivation now and in the future!

Good luck ladies!
  • mock743
    mock743 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you about the goal of losing weight for a wedding. My fiance proposed to me on March 20, 2011. I am working out and eating right with my Fiance. We have a couple of years until we get married and together we are working on our goal to start out our lives together in a healthy mind set and at a healthy weight. Good Luck to everyone on your goals for weight loss.