My Very First NSV

Options
stephc71885
stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
Hi Everyone!

I've been on MFP for 3 weeks now and yesterday I had my first NSV.

I was shopping for some new sneakers in kohl's yesterday and these two ladies were really struggling to find some shoes. They were confused on the difference between running shoes and walking shoes. I happened to be on my way to the gym so I was not looking terribly attractive in my gym clothes. The one lady turns and says "she obviously works out... i bet she knows" then they come over and start asking me for tips!!! Now i'm no expert on shoes, i think you have to find one that works for you, but i was so flattered i started telling them about the ones that i like! i've only lost 6.6 pounds but i am so much more toned, and i've lost 5.5" total already over the first 3 weeks! (2 off hips, 2.5 off waist, 1 off neck).

It was so great to have a total stranger acknowledge my hard work though!

i don't really have a goal weight per se, but i at least want to be 150, so about 34 more pounds to go!

Thanks for everything, MFP world!

Height: 5'5"
Starting weight (3/13/2011)t: 190
CW (4/3/2011): 183.4
First mini-goal (4/16/2011): 180- I have a formal event that night, so that's my first goal
Second mini-goal (5/21/2011): < 175 for my pharmacy school graduation :)
Third mini-goal (6/12/2011): < 170 for my vacation to Mexico
Fourth mini-goal (7/18/2011): <165 for my 26th birthday :)
Overall goal (no set date): < 150 pounds!

Replies

• farmerswife87
    Options
    That made me smile ear to ear!! There's nothing like recognition of your accomplishment to make you feel like it's allll worth it, you should be so proud of yourself. Keep it up, you'll be at goal in no time!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    What a cool experience!! Congrats on your NSV....keep up that great work! Sounds more like you first NSV was those 5.5 inches gone though!:flowerforyou:
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    What is NSV?

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!
  • stephc71885
    stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory. They're nice to have when you have times that the scale just doesn't want to budge!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!