ready, set lose!

Options
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting anything about myself here. I have been using MFP for awhile now and have actually logged ALL my food for the past 40+ days...the good the bad and the ugly. Today I am starting on a new journey towards having a healthy lifestyle and maintaining it. I am from North West Ohio and with the weather starting to get Springy and the thoughts of vacation in July I am determined to make a huge change in my life with or without my husbands support.

From what I have seen from friends, the more people that you share your goals with the more accountability you have so here goes. By July 4th I will:
lose 30 pounds
be able to walk a 5k in under 40 minutes
name and complete 12 mini projects around the house that have needed to be done for....months if not years.

This officially begins on Tuesday, April 5th as part of my works Biggest Loser program but I decided to get a head start today.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• mememe84
    mememe84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck keep us posted how you get on x
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You know I'm here for you! ;) There is a lot of support on this site to vent your frustrations and encourage you to do what needs to be done!!
    I have the same sort of issues when it comes to my husband. Mine "supports" me, however he doesn't join in (and he needs to!!).
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Despite being in a very healthy & life-style changing house hold right now, Im not supported in HOW im changin gmy lifestyle/eating habits. My sister eats Clean (so clean she's boring) my parents eat gluten free. Im not fond of all of the gluten free products and frankly I love my sugar too much to eat clean! But I have made alot of Healthy changes and thats what fits me. You will find plenty of great supportive people on here even if the ones at home arent that supportive
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck!
  • EHK1948
    EHK1948 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me.
    Fitness Goals Beginning 3 April 2011
    By 26 June 2011:
    - I will lose 23 lbs and weigh 140 lbs
    - I will be able to run a 5k under 35 minutes
    - I will be able to run 10k under 70 minutes
    - I will be able to swim 800 meters
    - I will be to bike 80 miles at 13-14 mph
    - I will be strength training 3 times per week; M-W-F
    - I will be doing my WiiFit Biggest Loser Program 2 times a week; Tu & Thu

Starting today with a 20 miles (32.2 kilometers) bike ride with my wife.