Will I gain weight based on weekly calories consumed/burned?

Options
Ok so this week my net calories consumed was 8845, 2264 of these was today (sunday) on my day off. I still went for a little walk today though, just to the beach and back which is 7km (about 4 miles) in one hour. The amount of cumulative calories I burned this week just from cardio is 4259, plus I tried to do an ab workout everyday (just that 5 minute ab workout app you can get on iphone). I was wondering if, based on these numbers, I will gain weight, loose weight or stay the same. Is anyone able to shed any light on this? I'm going to bed soon so won't be checking back til tomorrow but any thoughts or information would be really appreciated.

Replies

• MissSakeenah
    MissSakeenah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just doing a quick calculation of net calories-exercise= calories for the week, you only consumed about 655 calories a day for the last 7 days. I doubt you would gain anything unless of course your body thinks your calories were too low.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't see anyway you gained anything from the previous week.
  • LizWolter
    LizWolter Posts: 10
    Options
    I'd say your should lose since your average was just over 1200 daily. Great job on all the cardio!
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    !
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You won't have put anything on in the way of 'metabolised fat' however you may have a temporary scales weight gain due to extra volume of food taken in on one day (in the gut!) extra sodium/carbs that one might assume would be in that high calorie food...plus your body may temporarily decide to 'hang on (store)' some extra as your overall net has been low on some days....this should even out over the next week as long as you eat normally/exercise normally to your goals.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sorry but LEARN TO READ!! I said NET calories not calories so there is no minusing of the exercise calories because that's what NET calorie intake is. Seriously, I ate around net calories a day, 1600-1700 before exercise.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was rude. When asking others for feedback, it's probably a good idea not to respond in such a snippy way. Everyone is here to motivate others.

To answer your question, you should lose weight this week, based on your overall numbers.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    The answer is, no one can say for sure. Just because you take in less calories than you burned doesn't guarantee a weight loss. Just like eating more than you burned doesn't guarantee a weight gain. There are a variety of factors that will determine whether someone will gain or lose weight. Only one of those is how much you ate and how much you worked out. The only way to know whether you will gain or lose weight this week is for you to step on the scale and determine for yourself whether you gained or lossed.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was rude. When asking others for feedback, it's probably a good idea not to respond in such a snippy way. Everyone is here to motivate others.

To answer your question, you should lose weight this week, based on your overall numbers.

Sorry but this happens a lot on MFP, people don't read things properly and then they give useless information. It can get very frustrating.
  • MissSakeenah
    MissSakeenah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That response was very ignorant. You need to take a few lessons on how to talk to people. I may have made an error in reading your post, but you are just ignorant naturally and that is definantly not a good thing. Enjoy the rest of your weight loss journey :)