Anyone take pole dancing classes?

Options
I signed up, but havent gone yet. I feel like I have to be a little more strong before even attempting the pole lol...

Anyone take them? Love/Hate them? Have you seen any differences in your body taking the classes?

Thx

Replies

• misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i was a dancer at one point and pole tricks will work your arms.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No but I always wanted to! I hear it's a killer workout!
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My "Ladies Night Out" group (we meet once a month) did this a while ago. It was sooo much fun. Moving the next day was kind of tricky, but we had a blast doing it.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    always wanted to try it but sadly it's not an option where i'm from :ohwell:
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Tried it for a bachelorette party when I was much heavier. Super sore the next day. Now that I am more fit, I'll bet I could really get a good workout!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My friend and I went once, briefly. Apparently, you aren't supposed to tuck dollar bills during class.... They kicked us out, couldn't even bring our beers with us!
    :D
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My friend and I went once, briefly. Apparently, you aren't supposed to tuck dollar bills during class....
    :D

LOL....

I would think you need a pretty strong core to do this!!!! I've tried, drunk in a bar...and fell like I was wearing lead boots lmao!!! I'm scared to try it in a class totally sober!! hahahaha
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I totally am going to once I hit goal weight! it will be my 29th bday present!!!!!!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

LOL....

I would think you need a pretty strong core to do this!!!! I've tried, drunk in a bar...and fell like I was wearing lead boots lmao!!! I'm scared to try it in a class totally sober!! hahahaha

LMAO!!! Girlie, I tried 2 weeks ago when I was drunk at the bar (by the way, there is a girl who works there who looks JUST like you and she is an awesome poll dancer!). I bruised and I was sore the next day... I guess it would be a great work out! ; )
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I took a class a few weeks ago. I have a whole new respect for ladies who work that pole as their 9-5. I was sore from my wrists down to my ankles for the 3 days following. I plan to go again next week. Great workout especially for your upper body and core!
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to take them before I moved. I had 0 arm strength, so I was nervous at first, but it worked out well! They start you out slowly and your arms build up the muscle, over time. Go enjoy! They'll be fun! :)
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    I tried it once for girls night out. It really works your upper body.
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. Great workout for the upper body! My arms were sore for days. I'm going again on Saturday. The chair/floor exotic moves class is great too!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    No. I want to learn to pole dance, it looks fun and of course it looks difficult.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I would LOVE to, but there aren't any options for that kind of thing in my area. :(
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    I am in the middle of my 2nd 8 week session. I was about 10 lbs heavier when I started. It is actually the motivation for me to get into shape. I LOVE THE CLASSES! It builds/takes strength. You will get bruises, but they are worth it. When you master a new move, you get yet another feeling of accomplishment. I can usually burn about 150-200 calories in an hour session.. Fun!
    Enjoy it and go do it!!! There are some heavy girls in the class and they are having just as much fun and the really shinny girls....(I am one of the heavy girls)
  • Dawniebabes
    Options
    no classes... but i do work in a place that have poles, lol... THE BARMAID.. i spin on them every chance i get... they really make your arms strong... hey lifting your own weight is the hardest... so i say go for it... it will make you feel sexy also...
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    lol i forgot about the bruses I was black and blue head to toe for week when i first started dancing
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I start classes in mid May - can't wait, it looks like so much fun!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have to get there!!! It's so hard to find the time. PLUS I'd love a friend to join me and non seem willing lol