I like to have wine on my cheat day !

Options
I have been on this diet since Jan. 3, 2011 and only have lost a total of 14. I like to have my cheat days on Saturday and that means I have 2-3 glass of wine. When I do this it seems as the scale that week either goes up by a pound or does not move. I even work out hard the week I cheat. I do not always get that cheat day ! Last night I went over my totals by almost 600 cals. If I can not get a constiant cheat day and still lose I am going to drive myself nuts !

Replies

• Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    I don't actually have a set cheat day, but I do go over my cals one or two days a week. Some weeks I have a glass of wine when I get home from work. I've even had one glass several days in a row and it hasn't retarded my weight loss too much so far. I've been on MFP for 6.5 weeks. Maybe try your wine that way? Most of the days I had my wine, I was still under in cals so maybe that is the key?
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hmmmmm... first off, 14lbs since Jan. is great I think. I've been at this since Jan too and have lost 16lbs and feel great,,, gone down several sizes, and look completely different. That being said, you must be doing something right. If you think it's the wine- try to go without it for 2 weeks and see what happens. I drank wine for the first time in months last night (2 glasses) and my scale went up 2 pounds (retaining water I suppose?)
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have been on this diet since Jan. 3, 2011 and only have lost a total of 14. I like to have my cheat days on Saturday and that means I have 2-3 glass of wine. When I do this it seems as the scale that week either goes up by a pound or does not move. I even work out hard the week I cheat. I do not always get that cheat day ! Last night I went over my totals by almost 600 cals. If I can not get a constiant cheat day and still lose I am going to drive myself nuts !

Ok I do realize it's just semantics- but I don't care for the words diet or cheat day. Regular people drink wine- and don't call it cheating. People who eat healthy just call it that- call it eating healthy- not dieting. Saying you're a cheater is self defeating!
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Maybe it ia water weight , but it drives me crazy and makes me not want to get on the scale ! I have given up the wine on my Saturdays b-4 between Jan & Feb and that is when I lose weight. It is so hard when we always have something going on around here on Saturdays. We usely have friends over those night and I put the whole spread out ! Oh well ! I have found a skinny girl margarita at the store already to go just add ice maybe I will have to stick to that. You would think that a a shot with some diet soda would not be much , but it is ! Arghhh
  • stitchmysmile
    Options
    Maybe it ia water weight , but it drives me crazy and makes me not want to get on the scale ! I have given up the wine on my Saturdays b-4 between Jan & Feb and that is when I lose weight. It is so hard when we always have something going on around here on Saturdays. We usely have friends over those night and I put the whole spread out ! Oh well ! I have found a skinny girl margarita at the store already to go just add ice maybe I will have to stick to that. You would think that a a shot with some diet soda would not be much , but it is ! Arghhh

Guys at work tell me vodka and cranberry juice is the best booze item to drink if you trying to lose weight. Granted I've never actually looked in to it, but I have heard it more than once. Maybe something to consider for those fun nights.
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There is certainly nothing wrong with treating yourself to something you enjoy, but I think a lot of people are unaware of what alcohol actually DOES to our bodies.

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/alcohol.htm

That said, and fully knowing what it does to my body, I have a couple of beers on my "day off," which is usually Sunday.

Stick with it. I think we're all guilty of impatience from time to time. I wanted to go "Office Space" on my scale this morning.
    :smile:
  • Tiffeney
    Options
    Thanks to all of you guys ! I am new here so I am now seeing what calories and Sodium I am putting in my body. OH I have no idea how I lost 35 pounds four years ago with out this site ! Since then though I have had a baby and I now back to the diet. Lets just put it this way I just found out egg beaters has sooo much sodium ! I thought all this time because I was not adding salt my intake was good ! I will be watching my sodiun this week to see how that goes & no wine for this week.
    Tiffeney
  • Tiffeney
    Options
    I have been watch ing my sodiun and still going over ! Oh well I have lost 15 b-4 I joined this so it must not be that big of a deal !
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Guys at work tell me vodka and cranberry juice is the best booze item to drink if you trying to lose weight. Granted I've never actually looked in to it, but I have heard it more than once. Maybe something to consider for those fun nights.

Unless they're drinking light cranberry juice 8oz of it has about 100 calories, add in vodka at about 50-60 cals and one drink is setting you back almost 160 cals. If you want vodka try flavored vodka with soda and lime - aka my drink of choice