COLONICS?????

Options
Any advice will be appreciated. I WAS DOING ALOT OF THINKING YESTERDAY AND I AM GETTING ON THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. TRAIN AND I WAS SAYING TO MY HUSBAND THAT I WAS THINKING OF GETTING. A COLONIC BECAUSE I WANT TO CLEAN MY BODY OF THE TOXINS AND I HAVE READ THAT THAT CLEANS UR INTESTINES AND I KNOW I HAVE A BUNCH OF IT. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THAT IS WHY IM HAVING ISSUES WITH CONSTIPATION AND THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE. ANYONE EVER HAD ONE?

Replies

• AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Never had one, always wanted to get one. I have family and friends who swear by them.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I think adding Water, Veggies and Fruit, and Exercise would be a better choice. Your body was created to cleanse itself. Healthy Food and Exercise will help it to do that naturally, without side effects.
    :smile: Just my opinion.
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know that this is not the same but when I was "cleaned out" before a c-section, I had terrible pains (like gas pains, but no gas) for a week. I don't think I would ever volunteer for one.
  • digiblooms
    Options
    Hi, I have had a few colonics over the years and certainly felt better for them. Considering the amount of chemicals, anti-biotics and other unknowns that are found in our food these days I feel that having a complete "clean-out" of your system is beneficial, especially if you are starting to watch your nutrition and take better care of your body. If you are suffering with constipation I think it would also be beneficial for that. Nothing like a fresh start!

It is a painless procedure which sounds worse than it is, I have actually found myself laughing during the procedure - colonic therapists sometimes have a bizarre sense of humour. Hope this helps, Penny
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    Please talk this over with your physician before you even consider it. Colonics are at best utter nonsense, at worst potentially harmful. The basics for proper colon function are adequate fiber, water, exercise, and allowing time to answer the call of nature on its own schedule, as well as avoidance of laxatives. If you have constipation which is not responding to these measures, see your physician for further marching orders.

Good luck!
  • fredaro2002
    fredaro2002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have had colonics before, matter of fact I have another appointment this week. In my experience, it helped with the side effects of adding too much fiber too soon to your diet. Only filtered water is used, so there is no side effects associated with any chemical reactions. Yes, you may have gas pains, but the colonic help reach and clean gas pockets that you may not know about that can actually be keeping you constipated as well.

My therapist also told me that the colon holds on to emotions, both past and present. Don't be scared if you have a "rush" of bm steadily coming out. Not only will you feel better physically right after the session, but you will feel better emoioally and spiritually as well. It actually feels like weight has been lifted off your shoulders that you did not realize that was there. Also, since your body is being hydrated with plenty of water, be ready to have to urinate a lot for the next couple of days.

All in all, the experience s wonderful. It actually is jsut as soothing as going to a spa. Don't worry, you will not "smell" yourself and the procedure is painless. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me.