I just ate McDonalds.

Options
So now I've gone over my calories by 900. :(
Will this mean I'll be a pound heavier tomorrow :/

Replies

• dalzinho
    dalzinho Posts: 52
    Options
    Not if you hit the gym immediately and work your butt off :)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Work out extra today to lessen some of the impact. Other than that, I don't know if you'll gain a pound...but don't let one slip defeat you.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get a work out in, I have a cheat meal once a week and am still loosing weight, so just eat right the rest of the day and count this as your cheat meal.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Work out and drink lots of water to counter all that sodium!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    No, you have to be 3500 cal's over!!

BUUUUT, you might see a gain if it was high in carb's, sodium, sugars, etc.

Work it off! You can easily kill those calories in an hour and a half!!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others have said .... Workout if you can today and extra during the week ... If you burn off enough cals it won't matter ... Dont give up though .... I'm sure everyone has a treat now and again ... I certainly do ... Just make sure to add it into your daily allowance !!
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonald's, and eat there about 5 days a week. I just try to choose some of the healthier options, exercise, and drink LOTS of water.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You could do a 500 calorie workout and then cut 400 calories from your diet tomorrow - I do things like that to counteract my slips. It is a strategy I would only use occasionally though. I actually enjoy the challenge of making sure my calories "balance" every few days. Its like a puzzle. ;)

Whatever you do - don't let this one slip-up sabotage your "big picture". No one has ever gained 50 lbs from ONE trip to McDonalds.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    it all depends on your body....what you have? i love mcdonalds!...
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    You might see a pound gain tomorrow not because of the calories but because of all the sodium. Water Water Water!!!!!! Flush it out!

edit note,,
    I looked at your diary. you arent tracking your sodium but a lot of your foods are high sodium. I would reccommend recording those so you can see just how much you are eating.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't kill your self over it. I had a bad day yesterday but worked out hard today and I am also drinking a ton of water. You got your cheat out of the way now back on the wagon and back to the gym! You got this!!!! :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    You are probably going to put one weight (notice I did not say fat although you might put some of that on as well). Most of that weight will be water retained because McD's is very high in sodium. More of it will be the bulk of the food itself as McD's doesn't move through the digestive track that quickly. I'm guessing in 2 days it will be all gone. As stated drink lots of water as it will help move the sodium out of your system. Exercise might help, but when it comes down to it you can't out exercise bad eating. One day over will not destroy your fat loss. In fact, in the long run it might help as your body will adapt to constant calorie deficits which can hinder your weight loss in the long run. Don't overly sweat it. Instead see it as a learning experience. BTW it is possible to eat lower calorie even a McD's you just have to be careful with what your chose to eat. Stuff like Milkshakes are pretty much out since even a small one is around 500 calories.
  • kristendo
    kristendo Posts: 25
    Options
    I ate mcdonalds the other day and managed to keep it under 400 cals :D
    (filet-o -fish with no cheese, side salad with little dressing and a water)
  • mannagayle
    mannagayle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you must go to McDonalds get a smoothie! They are actually really good considering they are from a fast food establishment and not a smoothie place. A small one is only 210 calories and you wont feel guilty afterward. :D