I want to eat bag after bag of chips :(

Options
I want to binge on chips. I want to eat chocolate. I just want to eat. I can't even explain why. I haven't felt this way in a long time. I've been eating chips yesterday and today and can't stop. They taste so good to me and I want to keep eating them. I'll put the bag away but even sitting here I know it's in the cupboard and I want to go finish off the super size bag. I feel sad and depressed - so out of control. I'm alone right now so no one can see me devour food. I'm ashamed. People probably don't expect this from me, either. I guess this is kind of my cry out for help. I should add that when I'm eating these chips I feel like a zombie. I try to think of things that will stop me but it's almost like I can't think clearly and just want to shovel it in as quickly as possible.

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    bbq chips are the best. moderation is your friend.
  • snowbaby1492
    Options
    Usually when you crave chips it means that you're dehydrated. Try drinking some water. And try those Special K chips they started making. See if that gives you satisfaction.
    As for depression and such, you can talk to me, and I also suggest going outside into the light. It's a beautiful day and you should get out there and love it.
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Have courage and throw it away. You'll feel a strange energy in you. A power that you have power to overcome overeating.
  • amii37
    amii37 Posts: 15
    Options
    BBQ pop chips so good 20 chips 120 cal..
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I looked at this because there is nothing more satisfying to me than something as simple as a Lay's potato chip. But I can NOT bring them in the house, or I will be doing what you are doing. Try to find the will power to throw them out and then take that trash bag out. Then keep walking around the block. You CAN do this. Slip-ups happen, but you can make the change now. Make the rest of your day healthy. Good luck!:wink:
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get the same way. I just want the food because it tastes good even though I'm not truly hungry and it seems like once you start you can't stop. I did it yesterday. And then after it's all said and done I really wish I hadn't done it. Ruined a whole day....and then some. I guess you just have a call it good and start fresh. Force yourself to stop or know that you are erasing all the hard work you've put in......I'm not sure if the desire for all that great tasting food ever goes away but I find that if I don't have access to it in my house, I am much less likely to eat any of it!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Trash them my friend. And then go take a walk. Get up and move around. I am sorry that youa re feeling this way. But you can take your control back
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am the same way. I just don't let chips in the house anymore because I know that I will pig out on them. I have NO self control when it come to junk food. Tomorrow is another day. Try to remember why you joined MFP and think about your goal. :smile:
    My favorite substitute for chips is Crispy Minis (you can buy them in individual bags or in the big bag and divide them yourself). They are so yummy!

Good luck
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    well, my advice...throw the bad stuff out. if there are others in your house that eat them, tell them too bad. bring in healthy stuff to snack on, and make yourself grab that if you need a snack. it sounds like you lose control once you start, so don't start unless it's healthy stuff.

also, when it comes to depression and sadness, you might benefit from talking to a professional. these things aren't always as simple as just having a bad day. it couldn't hurt right?
  • happymashee
    Options
    Hi,

You HAVE to throw away the chips!!! Before I started this program, I used to eat alot of Oreos and milk. I would feel SO guilty that I would make myself throw the rest away and i wouldn't go down the cookie isle. If you start wanting to munch on things like that, get out and walk. It helps me to walk with an ipod. Drink plenty of water!!! Good luck! We are ALL strong! You can do it!! :smile:
  • trapped
    trapped Posts: 17
    Options
    Usually when you crave chips it means that you're dehydrated.
    Can you explain this to me?
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips allow you 30 chips for 110 calories. I can never eat all 30 so I break it up into two snacks. They might curb your need for a salty snack. 30 chips is a lot! You can do this though...it's all about control. You have control over what you eat and how much. You're stronger than the chips.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I may get hollared at for telling you this but...EAT THEM!
    Yeah I said it!
    Eat them!
    Go get yourself a nice tasty beverage, your bag of chips, find a movie to watch and sit down and watch the dang movie and eat the whole dang bag!
    I cannot have large bags of chips in my house for the same reason. I buy the multipacks of single serving bags so I get the satisfaction of the chips and seeing the empty bag when I'm done but I've only consumed 160 calories.
    Sometimes you just have to get it out of your system girl..so instead of dragging it over a couple of days and feeling down on yourself just suck it up, EAT THEM ALL, and then know that tomorrow you won't crave them, they're no longer in the house anyway, and that you will get back on track.
    Sometimes ya just gotta sacrifice today to have a better tomorrow. Good luck! :)
  • Ibelieveinthislifetime
    Options
    I get the same way when I get home from work.. I want to eat everything I can get my hands on. I try and stay away from the kitchen or I try and eat a fruit or something. Do not feel ashamed, I think we all go thru this at some point. Just take it one day at a time. :bigsmile:
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Get a bag of bbq pop chips. They are awesome and 360 cals in a whole bag. I agree get it out of your system and workout accordingly.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Terra chips. Delicious. Crunchy. Slightly salty. Much healthier then regular Potato Chips.
  • lozzy05
    lozzy05 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Before you throw them away put some washing up liquid or such like in the bag and then bin them. Go do something else - outside or in - clear out a cupboard or drawers. Put some feel good music on and have a boogie.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Throw them away!! Dump horrible stuff into the bag (s) so you can't eat them and get rid of them!! Go for a walk or go work out. Call someone, talk on the phone, go visit a friend- or better yet, walk with a friend. We all go through those times and these are the things that have worked for me. Hang in there!!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling bad... Empower yourself and you'll feel better.

Step 1:
    Grab bag of chips
    Step 2:
    Dump said bag of chips in the sink
    Step 3:
    Turn on water and shove them down the garbage disposal
    Step 4 (this is the most important one):
    DON'T BUY STUFF LIKE THAT so that you don't have the temptation around. Your body doesn't want that unhealthy junk anyway.
  • snowbaby1492
    Options
    When you crave chips, it's usually because it's salty. When you want salt it means you're dehydrated. Salt helps you retain water, so usually you're just thirsty when you want something salty. That's why when I want chips, I go and drink a glass of water. If I'm still wanting chips after that, I moderate how much I eat. But always go for water before the chips.